New Logitech mouse and keyboard

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
Logitech G3 Laser Mouse (2000dpi);

- 2000dpi Laser
- Change from 1600 to 800dpi on the fly (no drivers)
- Selectable 400 to 2000dpi
- Rubber surface
- MX300-style body
- Two side buttons (I think?)

000000038581.jpg

000000038577.jpg

000000038575.jpg

000000038579.jpg

Logitech G11 "Gaming" Keyboard;

- Same as G15 sans LCD

000000038583.jpg

Both will be presented at E3.
Source: http://www.matbe.com/actualites/13207/logitech-g3-g11/ (in french)

The mouse is very cool, but I don't see any info on it anywhere, not even on their site...link?

The keyboard's too Saitek-esque. I'm in love with the MX700 design, and I don't think I could ever get away from it.

Looks like a G15 minus the screen and backlighting.

-Larry

Raudulfr said:
Logitech G3 Laser Mouse (2000dpi);

- 2000dpi Laser
- Change from 1600 to 800dpi on the fly (no drivers)
- Selectable 400 to 2000dpi
- Rubber surface
- MX300-style body
- Two side buttons (I think?)

000000038581.jpg

000000038577.jpg

000000038575.jpg

000000038579.jpg

Logitech G11 "Gaming" Keyboard;

- Same as G15 sans LCD

000000038583.jpg

Both will be presented at E3.

That mouse looks FAD. Looks like Logitech took the best of the Copperhead and the G5 and mixed them together.

Would this G3 be superior to the G5, or will it be the opposite?

TechLarry said:
Looks like a G15 minus the screen and backlighting.

-Larry

No, it's actually a G15 except the LCD, it still has the backlighting.

ajm786 said:
Would this G3 be superior to the G5, or will it be the opposite?

Think MX510 (G5) and MX310 (G3).

Raudulfr said:
No, it's actually a G15 except the LCD, it still has the backlighting.

Think MX510 (G5) and MX310 (G3). :cool:
If the drivers don't take up as much memory as the G15, I might buy it and give my Saitek to my father.

so does it have two side buttons? if it does then thats my next purchase...i miss my 2 side buttons :(

Mayhs said:
so does it have two side buttons? if it does then thats my next purchase...i miss my 2 side buttons :(

I can't confirm that, but from the pictures it LOOKS like it has a button on each side.

Raudulfr said:
I can't confirm that, but from the pictures it LOOKS like it has a button on each side.
I think it's the same button. The mouse doesn't have ergonomic characteristics like the MX5+ and G series does. This one looks to suit both right and left handed people. Not sure about button programmability, though.

The keyboard might become an addition to my PC if it's readily available and much cheaper than the G15. Still getting an MX518 at some point, though. Can't stand not having two thumb buttons, which is why I'm still using my MX Duo, even though there's no software support in x64.

Damnit, I was just going to post this. The g3 seems it has a "razer-like" look to it. :p

TheBlueChanell said:
Damnit, I was just going to post this. The g3 seems it has a "razer-like" look to it. :p

This is more in line with what I was trying to say. Does look sort of "Razer-like".

Given that there is a program called uberOptions (I think) that allows you to remap ANY G5/G7 button to ANYTHING else, even if those buttons are the same, I think we'll be able to remap them. It seems pretty stupid to make both buttons do the same thing. Maybe by default it will be like that, but I'd bet that you'll be able to reprogram them.

G11 looks cool. It's a shame the G15's LCD didn't get wider support from games (not users, game devs :)).

That G3 looks pretty sharp. It seems that Logitech is finally starting to consider that lefties are gamers too.

crap. why didn't they come out with that G3 sooner. I would have taken it over my razer diamondback plasma, cause it's the same size as the mouse i was previously using for years so it wouldn't have been so hard to switch. oh well. And if that keyboard is priced right, it will probably be my next one. :) lookin' good logitech!

The G3 is basically a pimped out MX300. Its good for lefties and those who don't care for the egronomic design that the MX5xx series and G5/G7 have. I'm feeling the color scheme.

The G11 looks sort of funny without an LCD, but I guess Logitech decided to make somethin to compete with the cheaper Saitek Eclipse. How much do you guys think it will cost? I'm guessing around $50 market value?

In the article, the G15 is 70 Euros ($89.15) while the G11 will be 60 Euros ($76.41). I'm guessing around a $15 difference for the LCD? I bet it's going to be lower in the US market to compete with the Eclipse.

Like I keep saying, Logitech needs to redesign their flaship products before putting out products that are second to it, not the other way around. Sorta like nVidia and ATI do when they release VPUs.

LOS ANGELES — E3 — May 9, 2006 — Today at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3), Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced that it has extended its award-winning family of G-series peripherals to offer high-performance gaming features to a broader range of gamers. The Logitech® G3 Laser Mouse offers Logitech´s gaming-grade, extreme-performance mouse engine in a compact, ambidextrous design, and is priced more affordably than the company´s higher-end Logitech® G5 and Logitech® G7 gaming mice. The Logitech® G11 keyboard is offered without the built-in display of the acclaimed Logitech® G15 keyboard, but with all the other gaming features, including 18 fully programmable keys that make it easy for gamers to replace complex button sequences with custom one-touch commands, and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) that provide backlighting for translucent characters on the keys. “Just as athletes carefully choose their gear for competition, PC gamers seek tools with the right features and the right fit as they prepare for battle,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech´s director of product marketing for interactive entertainment. “With these new G-series peripherals, we are providing gamers with a wider range of peripherals that offer a competitive edge. Our extreme-performance mice and keyboards have become the tools of choice for many gamers because victory in PC gaming is often determined by a reaction that´s a millisecond quicker or a move that´s a pixel more precise.”

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/news/US/EN,contentid=12019,crid=34

Back