• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Logitech G910 gaming keyboard...

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
Hi Folks,

So I have had my Logitech G510 for the last 6 years and would like to purchase a new gaming keyboard. I saw the G910 at Best Buy the other day and liked it. Was wondering what everyone thought of this keyboard as a replacement for my G510.

Opinions?

Thanks!!!!
 
It will also be 50% off on Black Friday at Best Buy (and online as well I believe).

I like the keyboard for gaming, for typing not at all. The keycaps are just not very good for typing IMO but beyond that I can't fault it any.
 
I love it for gaming and typing. The keycaps improve typing for me. I would occasionally hit multiple keys in error with my old keyboard, that never happens with the G910.
 
I love mine. I moved from a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, the original one from launch. Nice feedback, great software. I picked up 7.9 wpm avg with the move.
 
As a long time Logitech keyboard user, if the ARX app with the G910 would be compatible with the G19 applets I'd consider this keyboard even with the bizarre key caps.

But if I'm going to change keyboard and lose the G19 applets (Aida64, League of Legends, WOT, CIV. Games, and many others...Etc..) anyways, I'll probably go for something more robust along the lines for a Ducky keyboard instead.
 
I love it for gaming and typing. The keycaps improve typing for me. I would occasionally hit multiple keys in error with my old keyboard, that never happens with the G910.

Interesting, I've heard reports of the opposite for folks who may not hit the center of the key the angled edges were rough and annoying to them. I picked up a Corsair something for 99 dollars on brown switches for work. Its really nice other than 6 months in I still am not used to being back on Mechanical. How do roamer G's and key caps feel under heavy and speedy typing sessions?

The caps are the main thing keeping me from seriously looking at it (that and my G15 just wont die O_O lol)
 
Interesting, I've heard reports of the opposite for folks who may not hit the center of the key the angled edges were rough and annoying to them. I picked up a Corsair something for 99 dollars on brown switches for work. Its really nice other than 6 months in I still am not used to being back on Mechanical. How do roamer G's and key caps feel under heavy and speedy typing sessions?

The caps are the main thing keeping me from seriously looking at it (that and my G15 just wont die O_O lol)

They feel great. I type well over 100 wpm and I'm more accurate than on any other keyboard because of the keycaps. The angled edges keep my fingers on the keys I intend to press and prevent me from hitting multiple keys with one finger. Partially because I can feel where the edge is and partially because the concave forces my finger to slide into the center of the key and away from other keys. That would cause the occasional typos for me on other keyboards.

The other big difference I find for typing is the actuation point. It is higher up so you don't have to press down as far on the key for it to register. Most of my typos on other keyboard would happen because the actuation points were too low. This becomes more of an issue the faster you type, because the key presses get closer and closer together to a point where you hitting more than one key at a time.
For example if you're typing the word "part". You start pressing the 'p' key first, and as you're pressing that with your right pinky you start pressing 'a' with your left pinky. Since the 'p' key is a stretch away you don't press it as hard as the home row 'a' key and even though you started pressing the p key first you end up reaching the actuation point of the s key first and end up typing 'aprt' instead of 'part'. That doesn't happen nearly as much with this keyboard.
 
For what its worth, Logitech now sells "normal" style keycaps for the G910, for any who were offput by the default angled ones. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/romer-g-keycap-kit

As a long time G-series user the 910 is one of those potentially on my list as I quite badly need a new keyboard. I'll be comparing it to CherryMX (and Topre, if any exist) RGB per-key lit boards out there. I do wish they would make a new version that was compatible with keycaps made for CherryMX switches, since the aftermarket custom keycap community is pretty much based upon these. Aside from this however , and the lack of a metal deck, I find a lot to like about the G910. I especially like how Logitech has continued to open source working with their gaming hardware, providing lots of SDKs and whatnot for lighting, macros etc.
 
For what its worth, Logitech now sells "normal" style keycaps for the G910, for any who were offput by the default angled ones. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/romer-g-keycap-kit

As a long time G-series user the 910 is one of those potentially on my list as I quite badly need a new keyboard. I'll be comparing it to CherryMX (and Topre, if any exist) RGB per-key lit boards out there. I do wish they would make a new version that was compatible with keycaps made for CherryMX switches, since the aftermarket custom keycap community is pretty much based upon these. Aside from this however , and the lack of a metal deck, I find a lot to like about the G910. I especially like how Logitech has continued to open source working with their gaming hardware, providing lots of SDKs and whatnot for lighting, macros etc.

It looks like the replacement caps have the same ugly font/design imaged on them, I cannot consider this keyboard because of them.
Is there a version of this keyboard with ye normal keys?
 
Back
Top