New Lian Li Aluminium Modular Cube Case

Wow. So, did I read this right or did they say it was custom built? You can get Lian Li to custom build you a case to your specs? Hmm...(evil evil evil!) :D

I personally think it would look hack when together. I'd prefer a flowing design where there's a lot of continuous metal (like a P180) rather than a lot of orifices with panels, windows, etc. I like the ultimate modularity of it, but I'd rather use a dremel and some metal to make something fit my needs, not some pre-packaged solution.

Also the footprint is very odd. Fine for under the desk but that would feel awkward on anything less than a large L-shaped desk.

Bleh I don't like it. I'll be sticking to my PC-V1000 Plus II. Too big, and not enough Lian-Li styling that we have come to know. It just looks like two Lian-Lis smashed together.

i want it.
i like resting my legs on top of my computer, and that would be perfect.
if i ever have enough cash, im getting one.
besides, imagine how well the heat spreads.

its pretty cool i would of thought at first looks you could at least mount 2 motherboards on the trey too bad they didnt incoporate that into the case :)

but anyhow lots of room. maybe too much! i like the cut out for the radiator already thats pretty sweet but with all the little preforated holes one might need to snip thoes all away :)

I've been looking for another server case but I'm not real sure about this one. I think I would probably just buy another PC-V2100 Plus II. All the space for drives is cool but I think the 12 3.5" bays should hold me over :) But the more I think about it the more I think it would be cool to load it up with DVD drives as a media server. But I have all my DVD's ripped to ISO's.

I'm suprised there isnt more interest in this case. I'm starting to think I should buy one just because. Looks like it would be fun to play with.

So like, 2 or 3 Black Ice 3's on the top? lol. That is sweet, but not for everyone.

Slightly to big to be a media center pc :)

I have two PC-60 USB's sitting next to each other here and it makes me wonder just how much bigger this thing is.

Slightly to big to be a media center pc

Nono, not really. As was suggested earlier, strap some foam to the top, maybe a cushion, and park it infront of your favourite leather chair. IN ADDITION, the heat from the case could be vented to warm your feet on a cold winter day.

"Honey, why are their wires coming from our new automan?"

Anyways, there arn't enough drive bays in that case to make it REALLY useful :rolleyes:

The fit and finish of this case is top rate - no sharp edges to cut your fingers. The interior volume is big enough to accommodate two motherboards, assuming some enterprising soul did the right mods

Sheeee...nice case,but i would like to see this going full tilt!!
you have a butt load of space in that monster...2 power supplys,2 mother boards...WOW :D

So it's a cube and it has a ton of options and drive bays and expandability. Suddenly, it's a rip off of the mountain-mods U2-UFO, even though there were plenty of cube server cases before, even by manufactueres like chieftec and lian li and supermicro and chenbro.

Yup, a direct rip-off of the U2-UFO :rolleyes:

i dont see a ton of blue fans on the outside with cheezy looking grills, so theres no way for me it's a u2-ufo ripoff.

I have this case and it's nothing short of being pure awesome. Now I just hope that it's going to hold all my hard drives.

This case is ultra light, I carried it in the box with my pinky :D

I like it, but it's to wide and to short for me. Maybe if I was building a server, but otherwise I'll stick with the V2000 series.

FYI to all, these cases do not include the dual psu bracket... contrary to what vendors are saying on thier websites....so remember that it's a seperate purchase.

That is one nice case . I wonder if i could get that case. Or a price on how much it will cost me. I have two servers i want to put in one box or find a better way to utilize space and still have nice cooling.

So with an optical drive you can have up to 17 hard drives all being cooled? I can see how this case would be ideal for such. In my TT Armor I have 12 hdd an optical drive and still have one free 5 1/4" drive bay. I dont see myself buying something like that but never say never right?

trav04 said:
That is one nice case . I wonder if i could get that case. Or a price on how much it will cost me. I have two servers i want to put in one box or find a better way to utilize space and still have nice cooling.

Here you go. Front page on Xoxide.

I gotta get one of these. Very, very cool. I don't think it's ugly or a ufo ripoff. Clean, huge and well built.

GigantoR said:
Wow. So, did I read this right or did they say it was custom built? You can get Lian Li to custom build you a case to your specs? Hmm...(evil evil evil!) :D

Well, if your a big enough company ready to order a bunch of cases. Look at velocity micro, they use customized Lian Li cases for their builds.

Thats a very nice case.. I've already got a completely built out v2000 with a 360mm rad otherwise I'd be looking at that case. Its a good price for what you are getting and we all know the quality is just first rate.

I have one of these sitting on the floor. I bought it to add water cooling. Plenty of room for anything you want to do. Going 120mm X 360mm radiator.

The Quality is awesome! Unfortunately the modular parts like the radiator brackets and 120mm bay filters are non existant in the USA.

kill4killin said:
The only thing that could make it nicer is if it didn't cost almost $350 :p

Price doesn't even bother me. The front audio ports bother me. Who uses them? I really hate when case makers put them on. I really wish it didn't have them.

Back