New LCD Technology Outperforms CRT

MUST be, multiple LED backlighting that turns down/off where the screen is darker. While it fixes backlight issues. It doesn't address lag/ghosting/viewing angles.

Puterguru said:
Damn I want one of these. The article reads that it is expected in Q4 of this year.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2860

Sounds nice but we've seen this 10,000 times from LCD makers C2Fine and other things that haven't shown up. I hope so, as I want SED to have some competetion when it ships. LCD continues to show it's ready to take on all comers but we need to see this hit the market, if it does then say good by to the 800:1 contrast ratios LCD as they all will advance. Doesn't say anthing about response time though other than it can display 1080P wich means it has to be fast.

Dang, how much is this crap gonna cost. I'm about a month or 2 away from buying a VX922 only because of the speed. It'll prolly be 6 months to a year before companies like Viewsonic adopt this if ever. Shizzle.

Brahmzy said:
Dang, how much is this crap gonna cost. I'm about a month or 2 away from buying a VX922 only because of the speed. It'll prolly be 6 months to a year before companies like Viewsonic adopt this if ever. Shizzle.

More like 2 years at the very earliest, but when SED ships LCD will have to improve or it will die a fast death as will anything else that goes against SED. I do beleave that LCD has more than a few tricks up it's sleave that they are holding back and about the same time SED shows up LCD's with 100,000 to contrast ratios will appaer out of nowhere, I know of about 3-4 of these all ready developed techs that have been around for 5 years but cost to much to do when LCD is already winning. Let SED show up and start to dominate and these techs will come out immediatly. 2 years+ till we see a major shift/improvement in flat panel monitors but they are coming. I hope.

Well the article read that a 40 inch LCD will be coming out in Q4. It would be a while imho before they introduce a normal size desktop LCD that people might be able to afford.. :(

Back