New LCD Spy picture!

daks001

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 24, 2004
Messages
83
What fits in a 5 1/4 drive bay ... can control your fans and do allot more then I can say right now ( sorry about the picture, but it is not supposed to be released yet! But thought you all might want to know.) Don't tell I sent this. Look at the top LCD

 
Looks like a std 633 but in a 4x20 config...

I have a truly unique CF display...in fact they don't ever plan on making them...here is a snap of it...

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/CFA634-TFC-KU.jpg

And since you have already gone and posted a pic of it, what makes it better than the 633 other than its larger...I know that they CrystalControl 2 is still in beta, so I am guessing this LCD won't come out until its in final release... :confused:

C'mon, now I am curious :p
 
i know what that is! thats the CF 635! wouldnt midn getting one myself
 
hardwarephreak said:
What does the 635 do exactly
The 631 has a "mystery connector" on the back, this one has two! The buttons are basically the same as the 633, Did you notice what is on the left of the display?
 
Archer1212 said:
i know what that is! thats the CF 635! wouldnt midn getting one myself
These are pretty neat eh? I don't even have the protective plastic off of it yet. Moving it to a new case in a couple of days so I don't want to take a chance on scratching it. CC2 has all sorts of neat new goodies that a going to make the "modders" jump for joy!
 
daks001 said:
... Did you notice what is on the left of the display?
ohh lights for power and hard drive! pretty...might have to talk about that 635 when im at CF today :D
 
Archer1212 said:
ohh lights for power and hard drive! pretty...might have to talk about that 635 when im at CF today :D
What did you find out?
 
Archer1212 said:
that the 635 Doesnt exist *wink wink*
Did they show you the little boards that connect to the back of the 635 and the 631 that also don't exist? *wink wink*
 
scab what scab? i didnt see 4 boxes of them just stitting out in the open...nor did i see one on the inside of my friends computer that he is testing for his 631.
 
Sign me up! This would be great for the HTPC I plan on making!
Any idea when this new LCD will be for sale?
 
JoeKewl said:
Sign me up! This would be great for the HTPC I plan on making!
Any idea when this new LCD will be for sale?
Hard to get an exact release date but they are getting ready.
 
daks001 said:
Hard to get an exact release date but they are getting ready.
The 635's are RELEASED! Click images to enlarge.

Front View



Back View


Link to spec sheets
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635/index.html

These things are :cool: I don't think there is anything else on the market right now that does all this ;



[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]635 Series Features:[/size][/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LED backlit STN 20x4 LCD[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Integrated LED backlit 6-button translucent silicon keypad with screened legend
    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Four bi-color (red + green) LEDs. The LEDs’ brightness can controlled by the host software, which allows mixing the LEDs to produce other colors (yellow and orange)
    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two color options:
    • Yellow-green backlit positive mode LCD, yellow/green keypad backlight (“YYE”)
    • White backlit negative mode LCD, blue keypad backlight (“TMF”)
    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fully decoded keypad: any key combination is valid and unique

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LCD characters are contiguous in both X and Y directions to allow the host software to display “gapless” bar graphs in horizontal or vertical directions

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]USB interface for both power and data (115200 baud equivalent throughput)

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Robust packet based communications protocol with 16-bit CRC

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (37mm overall height)

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ATX power supply control functionality allows the buttons on the CFA-635 to replace the “power” and “reset” buttons on your system, simplifying your front panel design

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Built-in factory re-programmable microcontroller

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5.25" half-height drive-bay mounting bracket available (optional)

    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Non-volatile memory capability (“EEPROM”):

    • Customize the "power-on" display and LED settings
    • 16-byte "scratch" register for storing IP, netmask, system serial number . . .
    [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customizable firmware and configurable hardware can be modified at the factory to add specific features for your system needs. Minimum order and tooling fee may apply for custom firmware:

    • Analog I/O
    • Provide "dongle" functionality for system copy protection
    • Autonomous hardware monitoring
    • Customize the "power-on" settings
    [/font]
I have one in my system and love it! (No I don't work for CF, I just beta test some of their software...)

I have one of the back connectors utilized ...;) with ...
 
Kinda lame that you have to have a regular USB port inside your case (on an addon card most likely) to hide the wire properly. Should have been made with a mobo usb linkage thingamajobber.
 
Qtip42 said:
Kinda lame that you have to have a regular USB port inside your case (on an addon card most likely) to hide the wire properly. Should have been made with a mobo usb linkage thingamajobber.
You CAN use an internal usb cable that connects directly to your M/b or a cable that connects to a standard usb connectors.


One of the other beta testers mounted his in an external drive case which i though was a really neat idea.
 
Qtip42 said:
Kinda lame that you have to have a regular USB port inside your case (on an addon card most likely) to hide the wire properly. Should have been made with a mobo usb linkage thingamajobber.
Agreed. But it shouldnt be too hard to rewire one if you have the right parts. :cool: Still, they should come with USB header cables for teh mobo.

^^look above. Mods please delete this post...
 
saturnine2 said:
Agreed. But it shouldnt be too hard to rewire one if you have the right parts. :cool: Still, they should come with USB header cables for teh mobo.

^^look above. Mods please delete this post...


Why would my post need deleting? This isn't a plug for their product is it? My post is perfectly fine. If this is a thread that's a disguised plug, that isn't fine and the thread needs deleting :p
 
Qtip42 said:
Why would my post need deleting? This isn't a plug for their product is it? My post is perfectly fine. If this is a thread that's a disguised plug, that isn't fine and the thread needs deleting :p
I think he was refering to the fact that it does have an internal usb cable connection and that he wanted his post deleted.

This thread started to show off a new LCD I got to test that had not ben released to the public and thought some people might be interested in a few pics of something new!
 
I'm so pissed... I ordered the 633 on March 9th for my HTPC... goto CF website the next day to check something, and *BOOM* the new 635 was released... Oh well, the 633 is still really nice, and the 635 might have been a bit too to big looking on the front of my HTPC.
 
not as bad as CFAG12864B
 
JoeKewl said:
I'm so pissed... I ordered the 633 on March 9th for my HTPC... goto CF website the next day to check something, and *BOOM* the new 635 was released... Oh well, the 633 is still really nice, and the 635 might have been a bit too to big looking on the front of my HTPC.
You *may* be able to trade it in if you want, the people there are pretty nice. Give them a call / email, can't hurt.

The 633 has a built-in fan controller and temperature sensor/DOW connector. If you did want to trade you'd have to tell them that you don't want to loose that functionality... ;) ;) .

The 633 would still look great in the front of a HTPC! Two lines would be a little bit more descrete than 4.
 
FLECOM said:
not as bad as CFAG12864B
I'd like to get a graphics LCD, but they look like a real pain to setup and since I am no programmer it would take me a month to make it just show a circle on it.
 
Back
Top