new LCD questions for a LCD n00b

the snake

[H]ard|Gawd
i know some of these questions have probably been asked before, so please go easy on me :)
i currently run a 19" Viewsonic PF790 CRT that has done me well for many years, but am in the market for a 24" LCD

i use this PC for a lot of different things, from FPS gaming, mostly BF2, TF2, bioshock are the games i have installed right now which i run at 1280 x 960 85Hz refresh rate.
also , photoshop, video editing, ect.

i run a Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz with 4GB ram and a single 8800GT video card, see sig.

questions are as follows...............

(1) can i run a 24"LCD along with my 19" CRT on the same card and have the CRT run at 85Hz, i can't even stand to use 75HZ, too much flicker for me ?

(2) will the games run okay on a 24" LCD at 1920 x 1200, and if not is there a way to run them on the 19" CRT without too much hassle ?

(3) what should i use to calibrate a 24" LCD for free or not much money so i get accurate colors.

(4) i think LCD screens run at 60Hz refresh rate, but my eyes will not notice it, is that right ?

(5) if the games don't run well, would overclocking the 8800GT be worth my time or should i just go to a faster card, i have no idea on how fast a 8800GT can be overclocked, so i would have to research that as well.

(6) and would running the games at a lower resolution make the games look too funky ?

i'm about to order a BenQ FP241VW if it meets my needs as they are offering free shipping this weekend.

i know what a hassle it is to buy a new montior, took me a long time to pick out my CRT many years ago and i really can't make up my mind on this choice.

You got it.
And I agree, the BenQ mentioned is a good choice.

Back