• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Laptop

skijackz

n00b
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
4
My company purchased me a Dell Inspiron 5150 last year and the thing finally dumped. The infamous overheating issue has fried two motherboards and now they want to replace the HSF because Dell believes that is culprit.

So to hell with Dell. :mad: I'm looking for a new laptop. Here are some requirements:

1600x1200 res
1GB RAM
Wireless B/G
Relatively light weight >7lbs
Excellent battery life (I spend 3/4 of my life on planes)

Suggestions?? I'm (well my company) is looking to spend around $2500. I'm not against Dell's but the heating issue has really put a sour taste about that company. I have also looked at Toshiba Tecra S2, HP, and IBM T42.

Thoughts, feelings, emotions??

Ski
 
might also consider something like the Asus Z71V, very similar to the Acer, just different video card. You can purchase it from places like proportable.com, and comes with a Worldwide warranty from Asus. Check out the general forums at notebookforums.com for all kinds of discussions on this notebook, it is very popular right now.
 
I agree with either of the above. I personally seem to the like the Asus Z71V more than the Acer for some odd reason but they are both great laptops from what I have read.
 
Back
Top