• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New laptop - Windows XP wont boot.

paddy123

n00b
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
16
Just got an AJP D900T laptop. First few time I turned it on it was working fine. I got Windows set up etc etc. I started loading on a few programmes (iTunes, a couple of games). Once iTunes was onto the laptop, I turned it off. Then whenever I tried to start up, the computer got stuck just before the usualy Windows "loading" screen comes up.

I managed to get on once, and removed iTunes - but I still have the same problem.

The only way I can now get onto Windows is by booting up with the Windows CD... and now that has stopped working


Okay, any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate. I can't ring up customer support because it is closed atm (live in the UK). Plus I can probably get better help from someone here than on a phone.
 
You could try going to the recovery console and running fixboot, or running a repair install.
 
djnes said:
You could try going to the recovery console and running fixboot, or running a repair install.
No effing way. New laptop+problems=return for another *new* laptop, assuming you are in the return window.
 
is it new to you? or *brand* new?

if the latter like Pheonix said RMA that sucker.
 
dx2 said:
is it new to you? or *brand* new?

if the latter like Pheonix said RMA that sucker.
Negative, DO NOT RMA if it's within the first few days of purchase. Treat it like a B&M purchase. Take the defective machine back to the store (ship if purchased over the net) for a new one in the box. RMA will get you a used, repaired laptop not a brand spanking new one like he purchased.
 
Back
Top