New kid in town

Atlas Folder

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2012
Some of you better look in your rear view mirror. :D

Atlas Folder

Well, there goes the neighborhood....

Who had the fresh tamales? Not the ones we normally use from last year. Only the best for a folding legend ;)

On a serious note, good to have you. I'm looking forward to getting mowed!

I don't get it?

Edit: Went to your web site. Someone has an interest in an interesting book.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=610964

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Glad to have you onboard!

mercuryatlas.jpg

WOW! Glad to have you aboard.
I took a double take when I read your name.

right click - properties

Joke makes sense!

Welcome aboard brother!

Welcome atlas good to see you got them going again and for the [H] no less, yeah :cool:. And I am not the new kid any more. :)

Welcome from another new guy on the team! I've seen some of your farm! Looking forward to seeing what is in store.

PPD isn't everything, that is an iconic set up you have and it wipes the floor FLOPS wise.

Welcome to the team, this is indeed an honour.

338k PPD and 870 wu per day is the very definition of [H]ard:cool:

Welcome aboard. You still running the same farm, or have there been some updates?

Simply amazing, glad to have you.

Extending a warm welcome along with the rest of the [H]orde on here... Nice to have you as part of the team, Atlas!

damit, now its time to put the SR2 on linux again ASAP to delay the inevitable...

The beer and tamales are on the way.

Don't Panic, the warhead is a refrigerator.

atlasmissle2.jpg

Ok, yeah. Went to the website to see what he is using......

Thats impressive. His electric bill might be a bit higher then normal though. hehe

Welcome :) That is a lot of WUs per update. You have a bunch of GPU clients running?

Thanks for the welcome guys! Mmmm beer and tamales. I know what I'm having for lunch now!

For those that don't know me I've been folding for about three and a half years now on my GPU folding farm I named "Atlas Folder". I have a blog that I occasionally post on. I joined [H] because as I said before this forum is something of a go-to location for me when I'm having technical problems (as it is for so many people) and I really respect the long-term effort [H] has put into folding. I have been on the team HUNT-DIS which is the team for the disease that my father has, Huntington's Disease. I moved mostly because after three and a half years of GPU folding I frankly needed some new motivation and "juice" to get me moving on it again as it can be quite a time-sink. :)

You'll see that unlike 2P/4P folders I do (what used to be record-setting) decent points and emit a lot of WUs. I'm not a 2P/4P folder yet, but this weekend I ordered an H8QGi motherboard, so it's coming...

Here's the GPU portion of the farm, it's about 25 GTX295s and 32 9800GX2s. I also have a couple of GTX580s working in my gaming machine and an SR-2 doing SMP in Windows. And a PS3 - which was a beast back in the uni-processor days but today is simply laughable.

Atlas

side-by-side-racks.jpg

Last edited:
What is that single GPU doing all on its lonesome in the bottom tray?

Good eye. That's the server. All of the other machines' folding data are hosted on that machine, therefore, I kept the work load low. This allows a central management point for config files. It's changed a bit with V7 clients, but the management method is documented here for those that care.

Atlas

Here's the GPU portion of the farm, it's about 25 GTX295s and 32 9800GX2s. I also have a couple of GTX580s working in my gaming machine and an SR-2 doing SMP in Windows. And a PS3 - which was a beast back in the uni-processor days but today is simply laughable.

Atlas

[IMG ]http://atlasfolding.com/wp-content/gallery/atlas-folder/side-by-side-racks.jpg[/IMG]

Damn. Just. Damn.

Welcome to [H]. :)

Let's imaging the HEAT comes out from those rigs... :eek: ... Totally amazing!

Let's imaging the HEAT comes out from those rigs... :eek: ... Totally amazing!

Yeah the heat this thing puts out is impressive. Each shelf is about like a hair dryer on high since I run the fans at 100%, so I usually liken it to a wall of hair dryers; that's really what it's like.

Total energy consumption of the machines in that photo is about 13,000 Watts continuous.

Atlas

o_O 13,000 Watts , that there is dedication ..... now if you can replace the 13 boards with 13 4p(or even 2p) boards ......

o_O 13,000 Watts , that there is dedication ..... now if you can replace the 13 boards with 13 4p(or even 2p) boards ......

Yeah, after a bit of soul searching I've decided that I won't be taking my GPU farm apart. I'm going to add 4p to what I currently have. I'm personally more interested in the science that is currently being run on SMP and GPU than bigadv. It's not *all* about points.

Huntington's Disease related WU's from 7700-7712 as discussed here.

Atlas

Set the 4P to smp using v7 and Linux, I have had a few of the 7700 - 7712 running that combination. You can generally get whatever class of WU you want you just have to figure out the proper hardware software combination to get it. I think that is the proper combination above at least as near as I can remember.

Yeah the heat this thing puts out is impressive. Each shelf is about like a hair dryer on high since I run the fans at 100%, so I usually liken it to a wall of hair dryers; that's really what it's like.

Total energy consumption of the machines in that photo is about 13,000 Watts continuous.

Atlas

13,000 watts? Holy crap that's more juice than a standard home is even wired for (at 120v you're looking at ~108.3 amps!) Where do you run this? If at home do you have 200A service?

Very much so agree with that, not all about the points .

Yeah, after a bit of soul searching I've decided that I won't be taking my GPU farm apart. I'm going to add 4p to what I currently have. I'm personally more interested in the science that is currently being run on SMP and GPU than bigadv. It's not *all* about points.

Huntington's Disease related WU's from 7700-7712 as discussed here.

Atlas

You make me wanna buy a GPU to fold with just to help you knock out those WU's, I could put the money towards another upgrade that will put out more points but that my friend is dedication

For now you can borrow my laptop GPU lol

Back