New Keyboard...

I'm in the market for a new keyboard. I'm mainly wanting a KB with lit keys, but programable keys would also be a plus. I've been looking at the usual models (Razer Tarantula, Logitech G11 and G15, Saitek), but I haven't decided on anything yet. I'm mainly wanting everyones opinions that has experience with these boards.

Thanks

I have a G11.. I really like it.. I work from home and type all day for the most part.. I prefer the wired option.. never been much for a wireless kb unless i was on the couch etc.. I also own the Saitek.. I prefer the feel of the G11 better..

Ahem.. yeah.. right:p

Might want to take a look at one of these... some like, some hate.

I like. Solid, well lit and really durable (in my experience)... and they don't cost $1500.....and they are actually available right now............

Ahem.. yeah.. right:p

Might want to take a look at one of these... some like, some hate.

I like. Solid, well lit and really durable (in my experience)... and they don't cost $1500.....and they are actually available right now............

One of the best looking kb's i've seen. How long have you had yours?

I'm in the market for a new keyboard. I'm mainly wanting a KB with lit keys, but programable keys would also be a plus. I've been looking at the usual models (Razer Tarantula, Logitech G11 and G15, Saitek), but I haven't decided on anything yet. I'm mainly wanting everyones opinions that has experience with these boards.

Thanks

If you want programmable keys, and plan to macro stay far away from the tarantula. .

I bought mine to play WoW and discovered the macro software was so pitifully limited in functionality that it seems to be a gimmicky afterthought. The G11/G15 macro software blows it out of the water. Worse, the macro's aren't able to loop. Read more about user requests and complaints on this forum - http://razerblueprints.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99&board=36.0 . The first thread is about what the software can't do, and requests from the user community. You can only do 8 key macro's!

There's also a fairly serious problem with the keys on the tarantula not registering unless you apply excessive force and many people are having to RMA the keyboards.

The build quality seems high, the keyboard looks slick and it's nicely weighted whereby it doesn't shift around on my desk. The keys (when they work) don't seem to have the same initial resistance as the G11/G115, but do seem to require more force overall.

Regarding the Deck, I was looking at their site earlier prior to reading your post... I've been searching for a small, quality keyboard (not for gaming) which is how I came across this thread.

Anyhow, while searching for more user reviews on the Deck 82-key, I came across a lot of various complaints from different people, on different forums that they keyboard wasn't close to the quality they expected for the amount they paid, that many of the LED's failed and the keyboard itself wasn't functioning to their expectations. A few guys posted that their support staff was highly unprofessional, wouldn't respond to emails and deleted properly written forum posts regarding issues with the keyboards...

But you say you're quite happy with yours, and feel it's worth the dough? Do you have the mini or full size keyboard?

Regarding the Deck, I was looking at their site earlier prior to reading your post... I've been searching for a small, quality keyboard (not for gaming) which is how I came across this thread.

Anyhow, while searching for more user reviews on the Deck 82-key, I came across a lot of various complaints from different people, on different forums that they keyboard wasn't close to the quality they expected for the amount they paid, that many of the LED's failed and the keyboard itself wasn't functioning to their expectations. A few guys posted that their support staff was highly unprofessional, wouldn't respond to emails and deleted properly written forum posts regarding issues with the keyboards...

But you say you're quite happy with yours, and feel it's worth the dough? Do you have the mini or full size keyboard?

Seeing how people are on the internet this day and age, I would think it's a safe bet that the person who had his email deleted was rather vulgar and threatening. lol

All you have to do is look no further than forum threads regarding Kyle and Steve's hardware reviews. A lot of hating and inappreciation going on.

Back