New Keyboard Recommendations.

Slo Gun

Limp Gawd
Hi, im looking into getting a new keyboard, and was wondering if you guys had any good recommendations.
I do a fair bit of gaming, but dont want a strcitly gaming keyboard per se, so i dont really want something like the z board.
I was also leaning towards the wired route, unless wireless keyboards have got better since my crappy microsoft wireless desktop.
I will also be getting a new mouse at some point, but think i have decided on the wired logitech g5, but would be open to suggestions on keyboard and mouse sets.
Im also not that bother about the extra buttons i.e. email buttons and media buttons etc.
I just want a clean keyboard that works well.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Don't be n00bs buy a Logitech G15, I have one holy shit its sweet. Nothing more.

incomudro said:
Don't be n00bs buy a Logitech G15, I have one holy shit its sweet. Nothing more.

I've had one for 2 months, the W and A keys are already peeling like mad. Not good for a $60 keyboard.

^ Thats really strange....mines just fine and I have had it for a while now almost as soon as it came out.

thanks fellas.
the saitek looks nice. i think ill prob go with that one.
any other suggestions before i purchase?
How about the mouse do you think the G5 is best buy?

I love the G5, its tracking is precise and the mouse is soo smooth. The weight system is pretty cool as well, but Ill be the first to admit its not necessary.

If money is a little tight get the mx518, but if you can squeeze out a little more cash the G5 wont disappoint

morpheus6d9 said:
i have the saitek keyboard and i love it i might get this keyboard next http://www.deckkeyboards.com/
wow! Any company that advertises Keyboards with hot chicks deserves my cash.

In all hoesty, these keyboards look mint! I want one now, but don't see myself spending that kind of cash on a new Kbd at the moment, considering that I just got a G15.

On topic:
I would recommend the G15 over the eclipse for the keystroke feeling. I went to BB and tried both and was not happy with the saitek's feeling at all. The Logitech is significantly faster, however I do not like the smaller keys on the logitech that much either.

morpheus6d9 said:
i have the saitek keyboard and i love it i might get this keyboard next http://www.deckkeyboards.com/
That board looks nice, but its 3 times the price of the saitek, and i cant afford that much for a keyboard.
As far ast the mouse goes i think ill put the extra tenner towards the G5 although i think i mite wait till pay day for that, the keyboard is the priority at the mo, i think my W key is shanked, keeps stopping when i hold it down to move during gaming. Keyboard crap anyways will be glad to have rid of it.

I like my Microsoft Natural keyboard, but then again you're probably not too worried about ergonomics :)

I personally own a Saitek Eclipse, and I can say that it is one of the best keyboards I have ever used. Aside from the obvious excellence of backlighting, it has suprisingly large rubber feet (I can move my keyboard try with the keyboard :) ), the keys feel very nice, it is quiet, and given what it could be, it is very minimalistic. I was afraid I would despise the silver keys, but they actually look quite nice, especially with the backlight on. The only questionable part of the whole board is the spacebar, which can wiggle easily if you try to (just typing though your hand won't slip off it beause it moves). I have also heard doubts of the key paint comming off with heavy use, but no word on that yet (I do know someone else that has the board who is a hardcore gamer, and he has not so far complained - and his laptop's wasd keys are nearly mirrors)

seems like saitek has the consensus.
I will be buying that later along with the G5 :-D
Cheers Fellas.

for ergonomics, i just got myself a 'microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0' that's pretty nice. It's got an optional reverse-tilt attachment and back/forward (browsing) keys just under the spacebar. My only gripe is that the spacebar is a little stiff

The only key I typically use in games beyond the split is 'y', but that's just for chat, so it doesnt really matter.

This one was like $60 though. I have a normal msft natural at work that's pretty nice, too, and doesnt have the spacebar problem

jamori said:
for ergonomics, i just got myself a 'microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0' that's pretty nice. It's got an optional reverse-tilt attachment and back/forward (browsing) keys just under the spacebar. My only gripe is that the spacebar is a little stiff

The only key I typically use in games beyond the split is 'y', but that's just for chat, so it doesnt really matter.

This one was like $60 though. I have a normal msft natural at work that's pretty nice, too, and doesnt have the spacebar problem

Hey, glad to hear I'm not the only "MS Natural" touter around! I type so, so much faster on this thing, its ridiculous.

neubspeed said:
That's a pretty interesting idea but its way too over-priced for what it is.

That'd work just about as well as putting the mouse on the left side (For those of us who use the keypad regularly, that is).

DSCN0937.jpg

+
DSCN0936.jpg

=
All there is to it! <3

Another vote for the Microsoft Natural ERgonomic 4000!

I'm typing on it right now, and the word I will use to describe it is: silk. The keys are extremely smooth and quiet. A bit more resistance that I was getting from my Belkin split key setup, but I'm getting used to it. The extra buttons are great. Theres a zoom slider bar that zooms in and out on adobe/picture viewing/word programs, and scrolls up and down on web pages (awsome). Also a back and forward button (which will be cool if I decide to get the g5/7 mouse, since it doesnt have the forward button).

The ergonomics are fantastic! the first real improvement on the natural keyboards in a long time. Its split key, raised in the middle, the keys slope down a bit, and fan out in an arc (the "gull wing" design). There is also the optional 7 degree reverse tilt (im not using this right now as my keyboard tray is too shallow.

It also has a padded wrist rest that I am finding incredibly comfertable. Not sweaty at all like some of the rubberized ones can be.

I give it thumbs up!

I like two in particular.

1. The Logitech G-15. I work in a bat-cave (I HATE overhead lighting) and the lighted keys are very useful.

2. IBM UltraNav USB External Keyboard. If you like Thinkpad keyboards, you'll love this one. It's a direct 100% duplicate in an external case. Even has the trackpoint. I could do without the trackpad, but you can turn it off.

-Larry

I know it is a bit expensive and it is wireless, but I use the Logitech MX5000 and I love it. I am not a heavy twitch gamer so I can't review it for that, but for normal computer work it is great. I generally play WoW and F.E.A.R. and the MX5000 resonds just fine. Also, once you get use to the hotkeys they are handy on the keyboard.

Back