New: Jonsbo RM4 BK

ATLPIMP

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been watching these cases over the last few months, and visiting the manufacturer's new US website on a weekly basis.
I had emailed several European companies about purchasing this case and having it shipped to me in the states. Every company was more than willing to do so, but delivery timeline was questionable, and I was somewhat uncertain about paying any fees or taxes once the case arrived in the states (I liked this case - but not $300 worth of like). About a month ago, I sent an email to Jonsbo US inquiring about this specific case. I got a response from someone who was very helpful and over the next few days, I went through the purchase process. That was last week.
Today, the new case arrived, and I had some time to get everything moved over from my current Lian Li. With that being said, I will admit that I am very particular when it comes to cases. I've been a long time Lian Li customer, since the PC-60. owning ~6 or so different cases. I've also owned some other premium cases like the Coolermaster ATC series many years ago. So, needless to say, I'm used to and expect a certain level of quality from cases... and the Jonsbo RM4 certainly met my expectations.
The case was a little over $200 shipped, which is my usual budget for a case. Anybody looking for a nice case, in this price range, I would certainly suggest checking these cases out.

https://jonsbousa.com/rm4-black/

CdBzfzJ.jpg

FqqCl4V.jpg

Excuse the messy desk and cables. My fiance and I are closing on a house this month - and I'm looking forward to getting out of my crappy rental.

So far, it seems to be of very reasonable quality. It doesn't quite 'feel' like a Lian Li - because the chassis is steel.

Most important question - would I buy it again? Yes.

I'm using four Asia horse Halo PWM fans. The speed of the fans are controlled through my Maximus IX which is based on CPU temperature.

hihi do you have to use the extension cord / plug? Or can you close the top w/ the regular power cord cable connects to it and simply bring that power cord to the wall plug?

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I'm not following you.

This case places the PSU at the bottom. No extension cord is used.

So it pulls air from the front and the bottom. Are the front and bottom both filtered?

bottom c/w free filter. The front you need to add a sheet for the 3 fans. I am in the midst of looking for a long filter sheet right now

The mod 1 seems to be available on the jonsbo site.

The rm4 pulls air from the left side which is filtered, and from the bottom which is filtered.

As far as the lighted emblem, I've grown tired of it too and unplugged it. I have seen some images on the net in which the user modified the emblem and used a different design and color. At some point I would look into that.

As far as the case is concerned, I am still very happy with my purchase.

Back