• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New jailbreak site

Wow, just like the old days. Same site name, even.
 
IMG_0145.png
 
Just be aware that they still have a few kinks to work out with this particular jailbreak. Most notably, if you Jailbreak an iPhone 4 you will lose the ability to use Face Time, and also may lose MMS and Copy Paste abilities. This seems to occur to most who restart the phone after it is jailbroken.

I personally don't mind since I don't use Facetime or MMS that much. I'll patiently wait for them to fix it while enjoying the benefits of a jailbroken iPhone 4.
 
Anyone get mywi to work on iPhone 4, if so what version of mywi?

And my MMS and Facetime is gone. So that's awesome.
 
Last edited:
I decided to do it, my MMS and facetime are still there but I have not reset the phone yet (I think thats when it happens)
 
how does going on othe site jailbreak your phone...im not sure i get this. is this a new way to jailbreak/
 
looks like this can brick your phone according to engadget

Update 3: We successfully got the jailbreak to start working, but it crashed Safari. Upon reboot of our phone we've got... nothing but the Apple logo. Take note, this can brick your phone, so proceed with caution! Video of the experience after the break. After a reset, our phone is giving us nothing but the Apple logo. (Update to the update, the phone has been restored).
 
looks like this can brick your phone according to engadget

I think they are just saying that to cover themselves, chances of bricking while jailbreaking are very slim. If it goes wrong you can just put it into DFU mode and recover it.
 
so jailbreaking is legal now? so does it still void your warranty if applestore sees cydia on there
 
so jailbreaking is legal now? so does it still void your warranty if applestore sees cydia on there

Yeah it would still void your warranty but you could always just restore it before you brought it in. And yes it is legal.
 
Jailbreak working. Awesome :)

Just one issue--everytime, in any app, that I try to highlight text to copy/paste or insert characters in the middle of a word, the app instantly crashes. Safari, mail, atomic web, perfect browser, everything. Happened on my ipod touch as well with 3.1.3 jailbroken. Haven't had much luck as of yet searching google.
 
Yeah it would still void your warranty but you could always just restore it before you brought it in. And yes it is legal.

alright cool..this seems to be a real easy way to jailbreak..gonna see what happens with the mms and face time disapearing
 
alright cool..this seems to be a real easy way to jailbreak..gonna see what happens with the mms and face time disapearing

Did you see the link I posted last page? Just make sure you backup your phone before you jailbreak.
 
Did anyone try to jail break those iPhones at the Apple store?
 
lol nice to see they found an easy way to do it. I remember doing this on my first gen iphone (safari .tiff exploit)

still haven't upgraded yet though. 3.1.2 works perfectly fine for me :)
 
Installing the Cydia update after you jailbreak will fix the MMS/facetime issues.

Be sure to change your root ssh password!!!
You can install sbsettings and openssh from cydia, and install Putty on your PC. Make sure SSH is enabled in sbsettings, and connect to your iPhone in putty.
Default username- root and password- alpine.
Connect to your iPhone in Putty and run the passwd command to change your password. You should also change the password for user: mobile, pass: alpine
If you do not have access to a PC you can install touchterm (cydia) and connect to your iPhone from itself (127.0.0.1).

iOS4 Cydia app compatibility status:
http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/714270-official-ios-4-0-compatibility-list.html
http://z6joker9.com/wiki/index.php/Cydia_App_Status
 
I believe that Rockapp with also change your SSH password for you aswell (if you have it installed)

edit: you can also change it without putty if you have mobile terminal installed :)
 
Yeah Rock app will (help) change it as well. I'm not a big fan of rock so I usually don't install it.
 
I jailbroke my i4 last night and its running great, no problems at all and everything works.

Here are some apps you may wanna try out:

openssh (allows you to hack in your phone)

iblacklist ( can block out any number from your contacts)

Sb settings ( a good toggle feature )

Winterboard ( theme changer )

fontswap ( change the font on your phone)
 
Awesome, I'm going to try this when I get home tonight...would rather not be without my phone while I'm at work today if it doesn't work. I'm using a 3GS right now under 4.0, should I upgrade to 4.0.1 before I jailbreak it?
 
Printing? One rumored feature of iOS 4 I was looking forward to was printing.... does anyone know of any apps that will enable printing?
 
Back
Top