• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Ipod Owner

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
So I bought a Zune back in march but returned it because I wasn't impressed for $250. Now yesterday I bought a new 5.5g White 30gb Ipod and I love it! The first accessory I bought was a 3-pack of gel cases for $8. I want to do more with my ipod, I just don't know where to start.

Any must have accessories or maybe some cool tips and tricks you guys have?
 
Nice headphones?

A headphone amp?

Admittedly the 4th gen iPod's have the best internal Digital Audio Processor which is why mine is sitll around, but still sounds awesome out of my Nano.
 
Sadly my ipod photo has a horrible DAC... if anyone's got one of these, listen to the song Engel by Rammstein on it... The first few seconds of the song are supposed to sound like a man whistling haha...

I can't wait to get a new ipod, so OP, grats to you!
 
I second the headphones comment. I don't like the ones that come with the iPods.
 
If you're not liking Itunes for the PC, there's a pretty nice program you can purchase for about $30 online called Anapod Explorer that lets you transfer files to and FROM your Ipod. I've been using Anapod for over a year now and I love it.
 
I second the headphones comment. I don't like the ones that come with the iPods.

If you care about sound at all, get a new pair of headphones.

I've heard many people complain about the sound from an iPod. Most were using stock earbuds and/or listening to 128 bit rate music. For some, that's ok. If it's not for you, upgrade the headphones and rip your music at a higher bit rate and you'll more than likely be very satisfied with the sound quality.
 
Get one of these. You'll put it on and forget it's there.

Replace the stock earbuds. Don't even get earbuds (they're the most likely to damage your hearing). Aside from Anapod, there's also XPlay by MediaFour.
 
Back
Top