New iPhone 4G?

If it is real, I like it. 80GB is a lot of space...

Is that in the link somewhere? All I see is "XXGB" in the pic.

I guess it's cool, doesn't affect me unless it comes to Verizon and even then I don't think the iPhone can beat what I'm used to with Android (Droid) so far.

I think it'll look just like the current iPhone, but likely with a bigger screen area and the expected internal hardware updates.

Alittle on the fugly side if you ask me. Hope they do away with the off silver trim on the side.

I could really use something with 80GB :p...I hope the new iPhone has some sort of card-reader when it's released.

I guess it is real, but I still think I'd rather get an Evo 4G or a Droid Incredible. I like it though better than the current design.

we will see. Having just swapped to an HD2 from an iPhone it will take alot to get me to go back. The thought of HD2 hardware + more on the android platforms seems like a wet dream. (EVO anyone?)

Someone at Apple is going to loose their balls or there life. Its been taken apart and all but confirmed by Apple that it is the real deal prototype. This design makes me wanna hold of on the iPad until next year for that forward facing camera and replaceable battery.

EDIT, Wonder why this hasn't made the front page here.

I wonder what CPU that thing will carry. I heard rumors of Apple's A4 processor, having an ipad myself I would love to see a cell phone have that zippyness.

Yawn who cares :rolleyes: Apple phone :p

The new Android phone coming from Sprint will be 10x cooler. The EVO 4G, can actually handle doing video calls, with it's front facing camera and WiMax 4G network. Lets see how this new iPhoneHD does with it's front facing camera on AT+T 3G network already overloaded as it is.

Apple is just playing catch up to Android 2.1 OS. Just wait until the 3.0 OS comes out later this year, HOLY SH!T :eek:

we will see. Having just swapped to an HD2 from an iPhone it will take alot to get me to go back. The thought of HD2 hardware + more on the android platforms seems like a wet dream. (EVO anyone?)

Exactly, the EVO 4G, will have the best Android OS, the awesome hardware of the HD2, HTC Sense-UI, and WiMax 4G network :D What iPhone ? :p

I knew the look of this thing was familiar.

It reminds me a lot of my Compaq V2000 from way back in the day. The center body with 2 slabs on top and bottom. I gotta go home and take a picture of my old notebook closed to show you guys :)

Compaq_V2000_Cent_1006.jpg

P1010290.jpg

25755_20081226105128_147C36_1_.jpg

I loved that design for the comaq, I have a HP Pavilion from that generation, its still running like a champ.

Surely, with Apple industrial design being as it is, those "seams" are for ease at getting at the hardware for testing purposes and will disappear in the official offering...

Or maybe not?

Surely, with Apple industrial design being as it is, those "seams" are for ease at getting at the hardware for testing purposes and will disappear in the official offering...

Or maybe not?

My guess is you are right, and those screws two.

That, or apple has some sense and realizes a lot of hold outs can be converted by ever so slightly more open hardware (As long as they keep the OS locked down, they have NOTHING to lose by opening the hardware a bit)

Because honestly, the tweakers love the hardware side and let the genius' deal with cracking the OS open. And the people who want to get at the hardware will either way. ;) Just makes it easier and more tempting ;)

This new form factor and new specs should be the defining evidence that Apple is playing catchup to Google Android and HTC while suing the latter.

The new front-facing camera is pretty cool, but video chat still seems novelty to me otherwise I'd be doing it every day on a PC.

I believe that the increase in front facing phone cameras will enventually become directly proportional to the increased number of g0atse style chatters on chatroullette.

Awesome, as long as the carrier isn't AT&T (sorry, but coverage in my area sucks--nothing personal about AT&T).

This, 1000x this, call me crazy, but I'd love for my phone to WORK AT MY HOUSE.

Craziness I know.

Gimma CDMA iPhone Apple, come on. The ATT exclusive is up, time to drop them like a sack of rotten potatoes!

I believe that the increase in front facing phone cameras will enventually become directly proportional to the increased number of g0atse style chatters on chatroullette.

Chatroulette is awesome! :D Merton rocks!

Japan is so far ahead of us in the cell phone business, let alone camera phones, its crazy...They have been video conferencing underwater with thier 20 MP cameras for years now!! I think they have holographic chat now...

I can't help but laugh a little...

Police investigating lost iPhone prototype raid Gizmodo editor's home

The backstory of the lost fourth-gen iPhone prototype acquired by Gizmodo last week is certainly already the stuff of some legend, but hold on tight, because it just got even wilder: Giz editor Jason Chen's house was apparently raided by California's REACT computer crimes task force under the authority of a search warrant on Friday night and his computers and several other items were seized. That means a criminal investigation led by the San Mateo police and district attorney is almost certainly in full swing, which is, well, crazy.

Engadget

:eek:

XXGB = 20GB

1 - I
2 - II
3 - III
4 - IV
5 - V
6 - VI
7 - VII
8 - VIII
9 - IX