new ipad scratch already?

naa904

n00b
i didnt think id need a screen protector but looking at the screen closely theres already multiple scratches on the glass. anyone kno what kinda glass they use? kinda a bummer on the quality coming from android tablets with gorilla glass :(

It uses an aluminosilicate glass, similar to Gorilla Glass. As far as scratch resistance goes, it's very good.

What do you think you're doing to cause these scratches?

Do you have a wedding ring? Is it tungsten? Gorilla Glass is tough, but tungsten is basically its kryptonite.

Are you really sure there is a scratch glass? Did you wipe carefully? Isn't there a coating on the screen to repel fingerprints that could have a scratch?

I have used a (I think 4th gen?) iPod since whenever the 64gb came out and a iPhone 4 32 since abandoning my ancient LG Dare and I have had zero issues with scratching. I just make sure to keep my keys and change out of that pocket. I was actually surprised at how well it stood up. Could just be luck though.

I have used a (I think 4th gen?) iPod since whenever the 64gb came out and a iPhone 4 32 since abandoning my ancient LG Dare and I have had zero issues with scratching. I just make sure to keep my keys and change out of that pocket. I was actually surprised at how well it stood up. Could just be luck though.

It is unlikely that your keys or change will scratch your iphone unless your keys are made of harden steel or other harder materials.

Most likely cause of small scratches comes from other glass objects or sand that contains quarts (coins can get pretty dirty and thus carry some particles). If your iphone gets dusty, don't wipe it clean! All you're going to do is drag the quarts across your screen, and thus create tons of micro scratches. Instead, lightly risen your phone off with can air or very carefully with water.

Back