New Intel i5 750 CPUs - anyone predict a price drop soon?

daws0n

Weaksauce
Hey guys,

Got my MSI GD-65 and some RAM ready to go, the only thing putting me off taking the plunge on a nice new i5 750 quad core is the price (more than the board+RAM cost me)! The most i've ever spent on a CPU is 100 bucks (on a Thunderbird 1.4ghz, those were the days :) ). Anyways, I think i'd rather just take the hit @ £150 than wait ages for a price drop... Though I can happily hold out for another couple of months, I wonder how long it will be for the "early adopter" phase to dry out and they slash the prices??

Dawson

They just had a deal @ frys for $200 for Giga P55 and the i5.

Price drop? Boards will drop, CPU's wont (except for sales).

Though I can happily hold out for another couple of months, I wonder how long it will be for the "early adopter" phase to dry out and they slash the prices?
Don't know about overseas, but I think the i5-750 is generally considered "underpriced" in the States right now ($149.99 at Micro Center, $199.99 before some ridiculous bundles on Newegg). I would be surprised to see it go much lower with C2D's and C2Q's still hovering around its price point.

Christ that's cheap, it's nearly double here in the UK... 150GBP!. Decided to order anyways, my 939 Athlon Dual Core x2 will probably start to show it's age when I upgrade to Windows 7 :)

Back