New Intel CPU.s, Authentic???

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
That site has a good history of being on the cutting edge and is well respected.
Looks authentic to me.

Many users like myself are already running speeds like 425 X 8 and well beyond which equals a quad pumped FSB speed of 1700 MHz ( 425 x 4 ) so the only surprising thing is that Intel didn't start releasing 1333 FSB processors sooner. I guess no competition these days means there's no big hurry.

That site has a good history of being on the cutting edge and is well respected.
Looks authentic to me.

Many users like myself are already running speeds like 425 X 8 and well beyond which equals a quad pumped FSB speed of 1700 MHz ( 425 x 4 ) so the only surprising thing is that Intel didn't start releasing 1333 FSB processors sooner. I guess no competition these days means there's no big hurry.

QFT!:D

Looks authentic to me.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/hwdb.php?tid=753255&tp=Intel-c2d-e6050&rid=753256

Oh and they've also made some big Boo-Boos! The whole bottom of the Chart is wrong. E6850 owned the whole bottom of the chart or everything from Doom 3 to the bottom of the chart;) Yet, they're Red as if it lost.

Ugh :p, my new 6600 won't be here until monday and now I see these???

Damn you technology!!!

Ugh :p, my new 6600 won't be here until monday and now I see these???

Damn you technology!!!

There's a catch. If you're an overclocker you might* want to avoid these. They don't leave a lot of room for Overclocking since the FSB is already at 1333MHz and that means lower Multiplier. In real numbers we're going from 266.7 to 333.33MHz FSB. So now the 9 that your E6600 uses is the same as the 3GHz model 6850. If you don't overclock, its a good deal. If you do overclock, then this is NOT a good deal. Just because it is Intel and C2D (Winners IMHO), doesn't always mean it's Good. Now if it is a TRUE "X" C2D and the multipliers are unlocked, never mind!

Looked at another way, this should have shipped as the original X68 in the first place:mad: That's not in Donnie27's opinion, but what Intel themselves said.

There's a catch. If you're an overclocker you might* want to avoid these. They don't leave a lot of room for Overclocking since the FSB is already at 1333MHz and that means lower Multiplier. In real numbers we're going from 266.7 to 333.33MHz FSB. So now the 9 that your E6600 uses is the same as the 3GHz model 6850. If you don't overclock, its a good deal. If you do overclock, then this is NOT a good deal. Just because it is Intel and C2D (Winners IMHO), doesn't always mean it's Good. Now if it is a TRUE "X" C2D and the multipliers are unlocked, never mind!

Looked at another way, this should have shipped as the original X68 in the first place:mad: That's not in Donnie27's opinion, but what Intel themselves said.

Yeah I know, but I spent ~$300 for the 6600 vs ~$266 for these. Ah well, you can never really win in this game :)

Back