• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New install - 160Gb SATA

xtox

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
242
I built up a new PC today.

I dont have a floppy, so i tried to skimp out on the F6 part on windows install.

So now, it treats the drive as a removable device + caps it at 127Gb. Any ideas?

Samsung Spinpoint + DFI Ultra-D
 
Doesnt have anything to do with skipping F6 during setup. That is just to install an unrecognised controller. The problem is likely SP2 (lack thereof). Pretty much comes down to installing SP2 on your machine and either partitioning the extra space into a smaller drive or using software to expand your existing partition. Or slipstreaming SP2 onto an install CD so you can access the full 160GB during setup and reinstalling windows.
 
I think its the norm for SATA2 devices. Seems theres nothing I can do about it, i'll just hide the icon! :)

Unless anyone has an idea?
 
Back
Top