New Idea ... Anyone into Penny Arcade ?

JesDer

Weaksauce
I am thinking about doing a case based on a character from Penny Arcade .

I dont really want to get into too much details, but I am attempting to find a cheap 12" aluminum dome. Anyone know of someplace that sells them or should I continue looking for a metal spinning shop that wont charge an arm and leg to make one?

I'd suggest visiting the cookware section of a department store.

As for the design idea, does it have anything to do with fruit? ;)

I thought about making a Div model once long ago when I had a dead set top DVD player. If you make the FruitFucker, that will get my vote as greatest mod ever.

hehe ... Glad you guys like the idea. I sent an email to Tycho lastnight asking how he felt about me doing it. I dont think they will have a problem with it, but I like to ask anyway.

Harlequin - Yah, That was one of my backup plans. I really want a 12" dome made from 6061 aluminum since it will look much better. I was going to have the body spun as well, but I am sure that would increase the cost a large amount.

twyztyr - I was thinking about a Div PS2. Only making it more curved like how he is drawn. I havent really planned that out and not sure how easy it would be to move the drive to the center of it. It has been a while since I ripped open a PS2. Actually it was while I was thinking about making Div that I remembered the FruitFucker :)

I get the distinct impression that Tycho believes more in artistic and cultural freedom, while Gabe believes more in strong IP restrictions and copyright enforcement. So yeah, ask Tycho :)

Back