• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New i9-9900k build

ococ

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
326
I'm upgrading my computer after 6 years. I don't do any gaming and will be using this system for mostly Lightroom photo processing and Adobe Premiere 4k rendering. I've been using the 2600k with 16gb ram.

I picked up the i9-9900k and Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz ram.
I plan to reuse my XFX 650W PSU, Corsair H80i V2 cooler, and Silverstone FT02 case. GPU is a Radeon RX560.
Last piece would be the mobo. I'm looking at the Asus ROG Strix Z390-E or the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master.

Money isn't a big concern but I also don't want to go way overboard.

Any concerns on the components so far mixing the new with the old, or the mobo choices?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
PSU's degrade over time. Might be wise to buy a new one for piece of mind. Hate for it to crap out and take out one of your new components with it.

If it were me though for a Lightroom/Photoshop/Premiere build I would have went with a Threadripper 1950X or 2950X.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ecktt
like this
I built a i9 990K system for a friend around the GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA. was a little wonky untilli flashed the BIOS but now its rocks solid. Hope that helps.
 
Might want to consider a new CPU cooler. Not sure how old your H80i is but that I9 runs hot!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ecktt
like this
Back
Top