New HTPC graphics question

I am putting together an HTPC to run Kodi and an emulator for classic games. The board I am using is a GIGABYTE GA-B85M-HD3 with an Intel Pentium G3258 processor.

Are the onboard graphics from the G3258 sufficient or should I use the Zotac GT 520 that I have laying around? I will want to output 1080p to my TV via HDMI and boath the onboard and the 520 support it. Oh and I will be using Linux Mint as my OS.

Lol I have virtually the same setup 3260 and a 520gt. Well the 520 isn't that bad but slightly better than the igpu. I think kodi runs a smidge better with the Nvidia stuff. I did run into some problems with ps2 emulation, and some stuttering in steam games not a+ at 1080p, so I finally bit the bullet on a rx 460. But I do have a 4k tv so the hdmi 2 was really the driver here. Otherwise pretty rock solid setup.

I am putting together an HTPC to run Kodi and an emulator for classic games. The board I am using is a GIGABYTE GA-B85M-HD3 with an Intel Pentium G3258 processor.

Are the onboard graphics from the G3258 sufficient or should I use the Zotac GT 520 that I have laying around? I will want to output 1080p to my TV via HDMI and boath the onboard and the 520 support it. Oh and I will be using Linux Mint as my OS.

i've used mine for retro gaming from the start, works great. If you want dolphin you'll need a gpu, otherwise it's fine for 1080p and classic emulation.

Back