New house.. no hardware capability.. whats best?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
So I moved into a new house and the room I have my PC in has no way of getting a hard line to it.. my options are wireless and the piece where it goes through the electrical outlet. I currently have it through the electrical outlet and my 24mg connection is benching around 29mg.. so my question is what would be the best setup for gaming? Worried about added latency now.

If you have a cable outlet, perhaps MoCA. Atlernative, wall fish some CAT5.

Powerline Networking does not add appreciable latency for gaming.

If you have a cable outlet, perhaps MoCA. Atlernative, wall fish some CAT5.

I hope this isn't a noob question, but can we run a Microsoft LAN over MoCA? Does the cable head present any problems? Can we confine our LAN to our house, and not share it with all our neighbors on the same cable?

I hope this isn't a noob question, but can we run a Microsoft LAN over MoCA? Does the cable head present any problems? Can we confine our LAN to our house, and not share it with all our neighbors on the same cable?

MoCA can be encrypted similar to wireless so that only similarly configured devices can talk to each other, additionally you can buy filters that reject frequencies that MoCA runs on and place it at the input to your house.

Well fired up Advanced warfare and had the game of my life 24-4 got called a hacker etc (don't even know how to hack).. so apparently it didn't harm my ping over my last setup. 24mb uverse getting 29mb down on benches... guess I am all good.

Back