heatpipe6.jpg

heatpipe1.jpg

heatpipe3.jpg

heatpipe2.jpg

heatpipe5.jpg

heatpipe4.jpg

needs more heatpipes... XD

I love the Diamond shape part.

I think the "extra" (the 2 on top) heatpipes would be better off replaced with a few tall copper pins resembling THIS NB HS.

I expect gold plated copper with black anodized aluminum :D

Looks like the top grid of 5 heatpipes need more spacing apart so heat can be spread across the fins more evenly, also there are better fans out, ie artic cooler 7 fans that just have thin plastic housing, they make less noise and have better output of cfm.

Oh my god I want the new revision (I love the gold, but a copper version would be better for us lowly mortals)

I'd move the middle heat pipe down a bit...

Sorta like

.........O............O
..O...........................O
................O

Might balance the heat load a little bit more... better distribution of the heat from the pipes (probably does nothing, but if you're fabbing it, might as well).

It is different. This is based off that cooler but this one is different the the Si-120. For one, the fins will be an alloy that sheds heat faster. The pipes internals will have a different formula and chemical then used in the Si=120.

It is different. This is based off that cooler but this one is different the the Si-120. For one, the fins will be an alloy that sheds heat faster. The pipes internals will have a different formula and chemical then used in the Si=120.

Hmm. I'm sure you won't elaborate on this as it's your design, but I'm seriously interested in what you're going to use...

Ammonia in a vacuum? Alcohol in a vacuum? I wonder if they'll evaporate too fast to condense on the cold-side rapidly enough.

Aluminum 1100? Maybe a 2x00 series (as it's alloyed with mainly copper)... Can you anodize all aluminum alloys over the 1xxx series? I've never tried anything other than 1xxx stuff.

Tests would be made on the 2000 series. Possible 2219. 2000 series will not anodize right, so it would be bare as a final product. I cannot tell you what will be in the pipes.....if I did, I would have to Frag you.

Tests would be made on the 2000 series. Possible 2219. 2000 series will not anodize right, so it would be bare as a final product. I cannot tell you what will be in the pipes.....if I did, I would have to Frag you.

Figured.

Do you have the capabilities to make all of this, or would you be contracting someone to do it for you.

You can hard anodize 2xxx aluminum at very cold temperatures (-10 or lower), using one HELL of a lot of AC+DC switched electricity (We're talking Kwhrs here, in the 100s) but that doesn't mean you can colour them.

The sharp edges on the fins look dangerous for installation.

BTW, how do you install it onto the mobo with the cylinders on the base?

Very interesting.. and very good looking..

I'll be watching this, I'm impressed so far, good ideas..

The sharp edges on the fins look dangerous for installation.

BTW, how do you install it onto the mobo with the cylinders on the base?

Remove 2 of the pins in a cross (bad for heat transfer :() for use with straight mounting brackets...

Or have a bracket with a perfect square in it, that goes around the pins (gotta make the pins point STRAIGHT up for that one.

It will be a contract. Designs will change as prototypes are made. I would consider sending out prototypes for people to beat on. Clips will be for AM2, 775, 1207(F), and 775. The renderings on this site are of one design. Get input and such on looks and what others would think would work better. prototypes can be made of a few designs. I will post one called the Six Shooter.

Make the pipes alternate direction, some coming from the front and some from the back. As heat travels down the pipes it sheds into the fins, having them all on one side would be uneven heat transfer.

And btw your 3D work is very clean, 3D Studio right?

It would be a square bracket type and would fit on without a mod to the pins. I didnt add it in the renderings but would work.

It will be a contract. Designs will change as prototypes are made. I would consider sending out prototypes for people to beat on. Clips will be for AM2, 775, 1207(F), and 775. The renderings on this site are of one design. Get input and such on looks and what others would think would work better. prototypes can be made of a few designs. I will post one called the Six Shooter.

I'd be happy to bench one for my conroe setup if you're interested. Guarenteed 88% (tops out at 91%) OC puts out a lot of heat.

nice work man! what CAD software did you use to put that together? i'll hazard a wild guess at solidworks since it seems to be the most popular 3d modeler

Make the pipes alternate direction, some coming from the front and some from the back. As heat travels down the pipes it sheds into the fins, having them all on one side would be uneven heat transfer.

It's harder to mount that though... Too much stuff in the way, unfortunately. Most boards have ONE side without a NB HSF, caps or other invading bodies, to mount a HSF like this.

It's harder to mount that though... Too much stuff in the way, unfortunately. Most boards have ONE side without a NB HSF, caps or other invading bodies, to mount a HSF like this.

Even if they were straighter and didn't jut out as much?

The R3 is tits! Throw in a free sticker, and I'd buy one right now. ;)

Back