• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Headset?

Yea, I saw that review a while back, and disagree with it.
review said:
If you're one of those people who really spend a lot of time listening to music via headphones, take heart: these babies are comfy, if not Euro-stylish.
That was talking about the Grado SR-60's.

How they can say the grados are comfy, is beyond my comprehension! If you ever see them in person, you'll know what I'm talking about. They do have a mod for them which puts beyerdynamic ear pads on them, for 100$ from a company, but that mod alone seems like more then your willing to spend. ^_^.

Try and find a place that is local to you which sells these types of headphones. If you can't find a local place, you'll have to go on online reviews to start. a good place is head-fi.com

Then, after you've read a lot of reviews and whatnot, and narrowd it down to a few, you always have the option of buying all of them from headphone.com
You listen to them for a while, see which you like the best, and return all the others and end up just paying for the ones you like the best. :cool:

<edit>The comfort issue with the grados is enough to keep me away from them stock. I would need the beyer mod to wear them.
The Sennheiser HD497 I own personally, and there is NO comparison to the beyer DT231 in my book. The DT231 beats it by a long shot, not only for sound, but also for comfort and design (execpt the headband).</edit>
 
thanks for posting i was about to buy the hd 497 :/
ugxor
What about the Senn. EH 250?
thanks
 
AKG K240S might be worth a look. They usually go for around 70-80 used.
 
therealdrag0 said:
thanks for posting i was about to buy the hd 497 :/
ugxor
What about the SENNHEISER HD 500 are they any good?
thanks
It's discontinued in the US, and I have never heard them. In fact, there are many headphones that you may list to ask questions about, which I have never heard.

I'll be honest with you, im a fan of the beyerdynamic sound. Its different from most of teh sennheiser's. Most grado's also have their own unique sound. Once you start looking at the 160$ and up headphones, the differences become less noticible then jumping from a 30$ headphone to a 160$ headphone. It becomes more preference, as not one is outright better..... its just that some prefer some headphones over others, while others may prefer the exact opposite. Again, this is when you start talking hundreads of dollars.

For the sub 160$ price range, drastic sound changes occur, yet preference still plays a part. Like that review said, he thought those three were all nice in their own unique way. My view is different then his though... doesn't mean the hd497's won't sound good to you.

Oh boy, I typed to much.

Anyway, to sum up. Your best thing to do is first try and find a few local dealers who sell these headphones your considering. If you can't find them locally, check reviews. head-fi.com has a lot under the headphone section, as does headphone.com

I know in my book, I like the DT231 better then all sub 60$ headphones I have heard, and this includes the senn HD497, senn HD280pro, several el'cheapo sonys, grado s60 and s80, beyerdynamic dt131, boses triport, akg 141's and 240's, el'cheapo ear buds, and el'cheapo "computer" headphones (those headphones that cost like 4$ at compusa). Not only do they sound good, but they are fairly comfortable. In fact, if you take comfort out of it, I find their overall sonic quality to rival my Sennheiser HD590 V3's, haha. They sure have more bass. The HD590 are more revealing, but I prefer the beyerdynamic sound more. (the HD590's I paid about 200$ for new.......... the DT231 are 60$).

Oh well, see what others recommend. I've pretty much helped you as far as I can. If worst comes to worst, order what your gut feeling says to go with from headphone.com (or another place with an equally good return policy) and if you don't like them, return them. If you like them, keep them ^_^.

Now if we can get you to spend 160$
cwm8.gif
:eek:
(jokeing of course)
 
Haha, I just noticed you changed from
"What about the Senn HD500" to
"What about the Senn EH250"
I commented on the HD500 in my last post, just so that's clear.
 
therealdrag0 said:
The first graph is usually called the frequency response of the headphones. It just means how loud sound is at that particular frequency. it does not at all tell you how it sounds! Just how loud!
Graphs can be good to note huge problems in headphones, but should not be the holy bible of what sounds good.
 
Thanks
at this point I'm thinking either the SENNHEISER EH250 or the EYERDYNAMIC DT231
I think the Eh250 looks really comfy, and cool. does anyone know how they sound?
 
Back
Top