New headSET recommendations pls

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
1,308
That's headSET. Not headPHONES. Don't want to hear about the Zalman mic or homebrew attachments.

Use: Casual gaming, casual music, VoIP.
Budget: sub-$1K
Connectivity: 3.5mm jack for mic and headphones. XLR, phantom power, etc not viable given the varied use it might be put to. Would consider USB, provided quality is good enough.
Headphone configuration: over-head banded, circumaural.
Microphone configuration: flexible as long as pickup is decent.
Acoustic configuration: Closed preferred, however open not a huge problem.

Thanks.
 
Intriguing. I see I can get it as headset only if I don't want to bother with the Mixamp.

Slight problem in that they don't ship to the UK - I can get around that, but alternative recommendations for stuff available in Europe would be appreciated as well.
 
Beyers are out AFAIK. The only directly PC-compatible headset is the 234, and it's not circumaural. The DT 231's an excellent headphone, but I've never found it comfortable.

EDIT: Thanks for the links! I never knew they existed. Defo look into the MMX. Thanks.
 
Back
Top