• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New headset for gaming ...yes help needed:)

Joined
May 30, 2008
Messages
20
ok guys im in need of a new headset..basically for gaming , mic is not a must , and decent soundquality for headset ...pls help me choose one... my budget is Maximum 80 $

current headsets in my mind are

1. KOSS SB45 / KOSS SB40..spaceman and others who have used it...i need ur opinions on which one would be better ..pplsss!!!

2. Razer Piranha -> i heard it isnt any good..but still would like to hear others opinions also


3. Plantronics audio 770 USB

4. Sennheiser PC 161


Thanks Guys :)
 
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204035006

Yeah yeah yeah, I know it has that gaywad's nickname plastered on it, but it really is a great headset.

The sound isn't quite as good as the Koss SB40, but it's pretty damned close. And they are UBER comfortable. Easily the most comfy cans I've ever had on my big fat head. :D

The mic is also purported to be 'military grade' which may just be marketing crap, but in actual usage it's been the best headset mic I've ever had the pleasure of using.

For $40 (normally $100) this is an awesome deal. :)


Just don't get them confused for the non professional ones - (aka Creative Fatal1ty Headset vs Creative Fatal1ty Professional Headset), The non-pro headset is completely different and truly is a piece of shit. :p
 
the senn pc161 sounds terrible- no bass and shrill
the audio 770 is an audio 370 with a usb sound card added ( it unplugs from the headphones). it is normal plantronics- very comfy, great mic, but not much audio quality. can be found for 20$ on ebay
sb40 sounds great-lousy mic, kinda tight. feels 'cheap'. i modded mine with velour earpads and soldered in a new mic

i recommend either the koss sb40, fatal1ty headset mentioned, or a steelsound 4h (very lightweight, decent range, great mic. actually sounds much better than the 5hv2)
 
Hmmm ill get the creative fatality headset or SB40 ..whichever is available at my place


by the way SB45 or SB40 to get...pls compare between the two pls ...:(
 
It looks like the Creative has velourish/felt earpads, which should be more comfortable than the Koss' pleather. I'd go with the Creative since it looks to be a good deal at 50% off and if I don't like it, I'll make my money back on resale.
 
THE SB45 is available for 28 $ and SB40 30 $ ...so which 1 should i get out of them guys.....

and have any1 here tried the razer piranhas yet?
 
the sb40 is larger than the sb45 and more comfortable. also get it from buy.com-use google checkout for 10.00 off
 
the sb 40 is the ONLY gaming headset that koss makes. yes the mic sucks. so what? they are great headphones. best for the $$ period. as a headset they suck unless you add a zalman mike.

the sb45 and sb49 are a complete waste of space. avoid at all costs.

Koss sb40 has a lifetime no bullshat warranty. they break, send them back, you get a new pair or they get fixed.

creative is creative is creative. you know that you are getting a bad deal. something always breaks with their crap. try returning them when they break.

yes I hate creative and wish they would descend into a smoking pit of fire. I don't care if the fatality is cheaper now. they still are POS headsets that will not last. drop them or sit on them or pull the wires and say goodbye.

sb40 then AT700 or DT770 then akg 601 for under $200 gaming headphones.

there is a new maudio $150 pair which I want to hear soon.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...41798&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=119966569

Space has spoken. Listen to me or find out for yourself. lol

Peace
 
I have a Koss SB45 headset and I love it. Best set of headphones I've owned imo comfy too. (I usually buy under $60). I agree with spaceman on the creative though, I avoid there products at all costs, my least set of headphones were creative brand and they were poopy.
 
mic is not a must my budget is Maximum 80 $

Guys :)
didnt notice the no mic part
for 80.00 or less get the audio technica ath-ad500 (70$). sounds fantastic- almost identical to the ad700 (i've had both-they are large and fragile tho) also consider the ath-m40fs for a smaller closed can. also 70$ (and can take a beating)

koss ur40 or sb40 for 30$-ish. i havent heard the ur40 but it uses the same drivers as the ksc75 earclips which are much loved. the ur40 gets much praise on headfi.

if u dont mind used cans then look for sennheiser hd 545/565/555. nice bright airy sound with good bass response. factory refurb 555's can be had for 80$ on ebay. or an equation rp-21. large closed can full range sound
 
Rp-21 has no sound stage. Good for some tunes bad for all games. Great bass though!

Otherwise yesh the a500 or hd555 are at least decent. Just not my favs is all.
 
I use turtle beach hpa-2s, pretty sweet, 5.1 (cant tell, but it is technically there)
 
I got my girlfriend the Creative Fatal1ty Professional Headset from buy.com for like 40 bucks I think. Hard deal to pass up. Looking at it now, maybe I should've went with the Koss SB40's but newegg doesn't carry them and she seems happy. So oh well.
 
Yeah, why newegg stopped carrying them is beyond me. Oh wait, they have creative. Hmmm I wonder what happened there? lol
 
Good to see another HPA2 user :) For straight out listening to music, I would say my Senn 535s sound better, but I was surprised how nice these 5.1 phones sound, the first ones I ever tried were meh. I've been happy using this with my X-fi, I can get some decent fakey rear sound from a stereo source video that's had me turn around thinking someone said something behind me. Very comfortable too. I'd be curious to compare it to Dolby Headphone from a Xonar, but not going to spend money to change audio cards anyway.
 
Back
Top