New Headphones under $75 for comfort?

Goodfellah

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a new set of headphones for my setup at home, so size or looks isn't an issue.

Price and comfort are my two biggest concerns. Would like them to be circumaural and comfortable for wearing for long periods.

Currently have a Logitech g35 on the largest setting and even those start to be a little uncomfortable after a few hours

Would purely be for listening to music, and some light gaming (fps).

I was looking at these two :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&qid=1333229269&sr=8-50

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM30-ATH-M30-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1333229118&sr=8-8

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sony XB series is not for gaming. The bass is bloated, not quite Beats bloated, and bleeds into the mids pretty badly which means it'll be very inaccurate for you.

By comparison the ATH-M30 should be a far better pick. I'm sure others will have better options for your price range though.

Good timing. There's a 15% discount going on for the M30s right now. That makes them $40.

Not bad.

I'm just worried about some people complaining about the cord.

Last edited:
I suggest the HA RX700's or the monoprice 8323's both are nice cheap headphones.

My biggest concern is honestly comfort, I wear a 7 5/8's hat for comparison. I will be keeping my Logitech G35 for gaming, these would be primarily for music and everyday wearing at my desk.

My biggest concern is honestly comfort, I wear a 7 5/8's hat for comparison. I will be keeping my Logitech G35 for gaming, these would be primarily for music and everyday wearing at my desk.

That's the same hat size as myself, The JVC's are very comfortable, A little use shapes them to your head.

They have a cloth head band and large... Very large cups with soft cups, Not close to the sony's in softness but the clamping force is less.

It's B-Stock, so if you are a Germaphobe these German phones may not be too appealing.

^ just bought a pair for myself. Keep hearing nothing but good things about them. Need a set of new cans for every day listening and mixing. Hopefully they live up to the reviews.

Llama[Style];1038563388 said:
^ just bought a pair for myself. Keep hearing nothing but good things about them. Need a set of new cans for every day listening and mixing. Hopefully they live up to the reviews.

They are great. I love listening to orchestral music on them because of the good instrument separation.

Id def. Get those hd555s if thats legit but it seems too good to be true.

Id def. Get those hd555s if thats legit but it seems too good to be true.

The Senn's aren't new. They are refurbished. Dakmart is an authorized Senn dealer so they are legitimate. Be warned, however, there is only a 90 day warranty on refurbished cans.

Back