• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New headphones - suggestions?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Guest
As my SteelSound 5h die for the 3rd time, I finally have decided to get a new pair of headphones. Any suggestions?
Requirements:
Available @ newegg or another site which works with paypal...
$90 or LESS.
Headphones or Headset is fine, as long as you reccomend me a good clear table mic as I want good clarity with the microphone as well as the headphones.
Good sound quality (obviously)
Comfortable (obviously)
6ft and longer cord.
I have personal preferences towards Sony and Sennheiser, as I have sony mdr-v150 (most uncomfortable headphones ever, but sound quality is damn good for $20) and know many people with sennheiser headphones and they are very comfortable and have great sound quality.
Durable / will last for at least 2 years..
NOT USB

Using for: gaming, some music editing, lots of listening to music.


Another thing I looked at was the IceMat siberia, but I think I want to deal with a larger brand, especially one that has made headphones in the past...

The problems with the steelsound 5h:
-Sound becoming drowned out -> due to the part of the cord going into the headphones becoming lose and moving around... Happened twice.
-Microphone making loud bassy noise, with no trace of vocals... just a loud bassy noise.
The good sides of the steelsound 5h:
-Very comfortable, I forgot I was wearing them quit a few times.
-Great sound quality (when it works...)
-Microphone has great clarity (when it works...)

Thanks. Please provide links when reccomending headphones/ Headsets / Microphones.
 
Sennheiser PC150 or PC160.

I have no experience with the 160, but I love my 150's. They are solid as a rock too! I was in a car accident by Tahoe where my van flipped two times and went down 200ft on a 45deg hill and dirt and everything came flying in. My PC 150's were on my head and flew off landing in the rubble. Needless to say, they still work as if they were brand new! =P

And if you think the V150's are good for $20... you really need to try the Sennheiser HD201, or Koss KSC-75's...
 
FaRKle0079 said:
Sennheiser PC150 or PC160.

I have no experience with the 160, but I love my 150's. They are solid as a rock too! I was in a car accident by Tahoe where my van flipped two times and went down 200ft on a 45deg hill and dirt and everything came flying in. My PC 150's were on my head and flew off landing in the rubble. Needless to say, they still work as if they were brand new! =P

And if you think the V150's are good for $20... you really need to try the Sennheiser HD201, or Koss KSC-75's...


Talk about shock testing... :p

I personally had the PXC 250...which mainly cos i travelled in the subway a lot so i needed the noise cancelling...Was a greattt set...
 
FaRKle0079 said:
Sennheiser PC150 or PC160.

I have no experience with the 160, but I love my 150's. They are solid as a rock too! I was in a car accident by Tahoe where my van flipped two times and went down 200ft on a 45deg hill and dirt and everything came flying in. My PC 150's were on my head and flew off landing in the rubble. Needless to say, they still work as if they were brand new! =P

And if you think the V150's are good for $20... you really need to try the Sennheiser HD201, or Koss KSC-75's...
0.o
Does anyone know if pc165 SK are available in the US?
 
bump, thinking im definitely going with sennheiser HD280s.. feel free to say anything plz
 
elite.mafia said:
bump, thinking im definitely going with sennheiser HD280s.. feel free to say anything plz

I bought a pair of HD 280's yesterday.

Pro's: Sounds great, Looks great and great value.

Con's: Kinda tight on the head and cord is too short.
 
Yeah the HD280's are known for their "death grip" at first, but it becomes very comfy after they break in. So good for isolation too.

Warning though, if you like a lot of bass impact, the HD280's might not be for you. They have a lot of bass (along the sound spectrum) but not a whole lot of bass impact (what you actually feel). Still a good buy.
 
Back
Top