• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New headphones, need some input

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
846
I'm currently rocking some Senheisser HD212s which I got 2 years ago when I was looking to see what the hype was about in "decent" headphones. I was really pleased with these headphones and loved the bass. I listen to techno a lot and these headphones are great for that. I also play a lot of games and need some phones with good spacial awareness. My friend just got some HD280pro's and they seem to have a much better sound overall, but a little less bass. I guess they may be more balanced and more true sounding. I'm looking at either these or the HD595's. The main thing keeping me from the 595's is the people saying open ear headphones are usually less on the bass, and I don't want outside interference on my music. I have box fans in my room and don't want that to get in the way. I'm just curious if the 595's really sound that much better to negate the open ear and maybe lack of bass. I would say $130 is my budget. The HD280pros are only about 70 dollars on amazon and would be a decent upgrade, but I'm just looking for some other input before I take the plunge. Any other suggestions?
 
Do yourself a favor and splurge.

150$ gets you the beyerdynamic DT770pro. An amazing gaming and movie headphone.
It's closed, so your worries won't apply.
It'll put the HD280pro to shame!

Don't belive me? Buy all three and see which you end up keeping. Chances are, I know the answer to that question already.
 
I love my hd595's. I don't have loud fans though so I'm not sure how that would change things... I do have a high performance wc system and the 3 fans in the top of my case don't bother me at all when I'm listening to music/gaming.

I wouldn't say the hd595's have a lack of bass... I would say they accurately represent the bass that was intended by the recording. and it gets much, much better when amped.
 
Back
Top