New HDTV

Dawgdoc

Limp Gawd
Im in the market for a new HDTV. Prefer LED but not completely against Plasma.

Looking for the largest, and best HDTV currently on the market. No budget.

Ive read good things about the 60+" Panasonics,

Any suggestion both in general as well as to specific HDTVs appreciated!

Currently have a 5yr+ old 52"(?) Samsung Plasma, but the contast is off and I think its time for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Personally I'm a big fan of Plasma and the Panasonic VT50 Plasma won this years HDTV shootout on http://www.valueelectronics.com/

They're very serious and detailed about how they calibrate and compare HDTVs you can watch a bunch of youtube videos detailing how they go about rating each TV (video links are on the right side on homepage).

do they have a 60" model? seems OP is looking for ~60 inches

They have a 55" & 65" VT50, but not 60" ,Panasonic does make other 60" plasma models but not sure how they compare to the VT50 series.

I have 2012 Panny VT50 65 in my LR and a 55 in my bedroom. I love them. They are slim mounted on the wall and not much thicker than an LCD/LED. They also have a nice, slick, all black w/silver lining look to them.

I've had Samsung's top line LCD/LEDs from 2010 and 2011 (8000 series of various sizes), as well as a 2011 Sammy PN65D8000 plasma. I tend to upgrade TVs a lot. PQ-wise the VTs blow all the LCD/LEDs out of the water (better colors, uniformity, blacks, viewing angles, etc). The only one I consider close was an old sammy 46c8000 which had backlighting, not edgelighting. Also, I think the samsung plasmas are very good too if you prefer their aesthetic and apps.

I suppose the newer sonys, sharps, etc with local dimming can compete, but they are 3x price.

The Panny's are such great TVs I don't see myself upgrading anymore until OLED becomes affordable, which will be years yet.

I think 55+ just about all tvs are going to be 3d ready, you just don't use it.

Otherwise, you should head to avsforum and do your research, etc.

They have a 55" & 65" VT50, but not 60" ,Panasonic does make other 60" plasma models but not sure how they compare to the VT50 series.

There is a GT60 which looks very good but is not as aesthetically pleasing as the VTs. Their PQ is very difficult to distinguish.

op never said 60" he said he has heard good things about Panasonic 60"+ plasma

Looking for the largest, and best HDTV currently on the market. No budget.

he did say the largest

in this case...
http://www.costco.com/Sharp-AQUOS-8...D™-LCD-HDTV-LC-80LE633U.product.11758383.html

80" Array LED Back-light I'm guessing that means it has clusters behind the panel vs edge lit.
80” LED Smart TV:
80” Class (80” diagonal) (more than twice the screen area of a 55” Class)
Full HD 1080p
AquoMotion 240
Full array AQUOS LED
Built-in Wi-Fi
SmartCentral user interface with accessto Netflix, Vudu, CinemaNow, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter

There is also the option of a 4K projector :p
or a 1080p projector.

We have a 70" Sharp Aquos that we bought back in Feb and it is one sexy bitch. Should have got the 80 though :(

Do you watch tv inside an airplane hanger?! :eek:

Living room is 20x30x8 and we sit about 6 feet or so away. Its has a great picture. Brother-in-law was worried that it would be too big and we would see pixels and such but no problems there.

Back