New HD Problem

RiZZo0

Gawd
Hey guys kind of a long story but heres the deal. I used to have a 500GB hard drive with tons of stuff on it. I figured it was almost getting full so I went and purchased a new Seagate 7200.11 1TB drive. Unfortunately before my new 1TB drive got to my house, I ended up losing ALL of the data on my 500GB.

Eventually I went and got a recovery software and tried to get back most of what i could. When the new Seagate drive arrived I quickly formatted it with NTFS and used the quick format option inside of Windows Vista. I then moved all of the data I could retrieve from the 500GB onto the 1TB drive. After that was done I shut down my computer for a day and turned it on the next morning to find something that pissed me off even more! :mad: When I went to go look at the data on my 1TB drive, Vista cant pick up the drive. Its saying that it hasnt been formatted yet and when I look at it in the storage manager, it says there is only a 32MB raw partition on there.

Now my question is what the HELL happened to my data that i recovered and why is it that all of a sudden this brand new drive is acting crazy? Also when I boot up and look at the 1TB drive in the Bios, it also says that this is only a 32MB hard drive. Obviously its only showing me the size of the onboard cache but that is the weirdest thing ever to me. This drive was literally used for about an 1hr and now its acting up already? Geez.

Well if anyone has ANY clue or idea as to what happened plz let me know. Thanks. Also my system specs are in my signature.

bump...anyone have any ideas? I really dont wanna format the drive in case I can still recover my lost data that is still on the drive. :(

Try the Seagate diagnostic tools on the 1TB drive. I'd leave the 500 disconnected in the meantime, so it doesn't get further corrupted.

I have tried the Diagnostic Tools on both Vista and XP and both of them cant pick up the 1TB the program errors out. At first it would pick up the drive in the menu but after a minute the drive disappears and I cant run any of the tests. :(

I just installed my new motherboard today and this Seagate is still acting crazy. In the Bios it reads at 0mb..:( Freaking brand new 7200.11 what a piece of crap

Back