New HD caused Photoshop to not accept keyboard shorcuts?

TSx

Gawd
This is quite an annoying problem but I'd like to avoid reinstalling it if possible. I use Photoshop CS at work and after installing a new hard drive, I loaded the program and it asked me to activate again, so I did, and it loaded just fine...then I realized that no keyboard shortcuts worked. I can open the text tool then type just fine, but using ctrl+n for new, or ctrl+v for paste and all other commands have no functionality.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem, or anything similar? I have honestly no idea what caused it or how to fix it. I checked the keyboard shortcuts thing in Photoshop and it shows them all on...

My friend had a similar problem, and asked me if he could borrow my CS Suite CD (I purchased it) and I refused for obvious reasons.

Anyway, his problem was that no keyboard shortcuts worked, he wasn't using the 'legal' version and needed to apply the crack fix to get the shortcuts to work.

Needless to say, i'm glad I didn't lend my CDs out.

If you are indeed using a legal version, I suggest you contact Adobe, being an activated/registered user you are entitled to support.

Last time I contacted adobe it was for help with a problem using InDesign, and was a total pain in the ass...it'll be less work to just reinstall the entire suite and redo all my keys and pref's.

Back