New hardrive (internal), Vista/XP network sharing

I'm running Vista Ultimate on a desktop with 3 internal Seagate HDD's. A 200gb, 320gb and a newly purchased 500gb (Seagate Barracuda (ST3500320AS) 7200.11 SATA 3.0Gb/s 500GB 32MB Cache ). I previously had the 200 as the boot and normal storage with the 320 as a D:\ that is network shared so my basement XP desktop and my XP laptop can view photos, music, video etc off that 320 drive.

So I just bought a new 500gb hdd to take the strain of the now full 320, but I've having trouble sharing it over the same network. I've matched the sharing settings of the D:\ drive but the new E:\ keeps giving me this message every time I try accessing it from one of the other computers.

"\\desktopmain\e is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contant the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
Access is denied."

However on my main desktop, like I said before I've changed the permissions to match that of D:\ which I can still see from the other networked pc's. My printer sharing works as well. If I share any folders inside of D:\ I can see and access them, but any subfolders of E:\ that I share give me the same error message when trying to access them outside my main desktop.

I setup the C:\ and D:\ drives on XP home, and shared them no problem. I only recently unplugged the D:\, and reformat C:\ with vista and then added D:\ back in and continued on networking it. I'm not sure if this would have any effect as to why I cannot network the E:\ drive but at this point I'm not extremly familar to Vista so I'm trying to hand out as much info as possible to find a good solution.

Thanks.

Back