• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Hardcano 13... Defective?

ShogunCS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
176
Hey guys I just bought the Hardcano 13. I've hooked it up with no probs but there are 2 problems with it. Firstly, I have 3 fans hooked up to it (total). The first 2 fans are connected to one fan connector (the two fans are connected to my rad. and are connected together in one connector). Also I have my intake fan connected to it using the 4to3 pin cable (power cable is a 4 pin on the intake fan). I have the thermal sensors setup and they work fine. But the problem is that I can't adjust the fan speeds on either of the fans and I can't read the RPM rating. Any ideas or is this a defective unit?
 
maybe the hardcano is like the digidoc in which it just turns the fans on and off?
 
Actually from what the product's description says, is that it is able to automatically adjust fan speed for you... or you can manually adjust the fan speed yourself. Not only that.. the RPMs are not being displayed on the hardcano.
 
Just checking up on my threads... this one is long dead but basically the problem was quite simple.. I had beefy 120mm fans connected to the hardcano and it wasn't rated to support fans that take more than 11w of power.
 
Yeah.. I read somewhere it was 11w... but I guess 12w would be accurate as well. Besides the matter I needed to buy a Sunbeam controller (20w per channel) to effectively control my beastly fans. ;)
 
Is the RPM wire on both fans (the yellow wire usually) if so it could be confusing the sensor, take out one of the yellow RPM wires.

Also try disconnecting one fan to test it to make sure yo uare not overloading the unit.
 
Well I would do that but I returned the unit awhile ago. I purchased a Sunbeam and it does the job just fine. :)
 
Back
Top