• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Hard Drive Smell?

_Tank

n00b
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
22
I just installed a 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue, and am formatting it for the first time as I write this... It is making a burning/melting smell. I have never known a component to create such a smell, while not be causing my machine to beep horrendously. I will power down and inspect the drive when it is done.. This can't be normal.
 
Back
Top