New GT5 Video

yeah it looks great. The interior shots with the drivers are sweeet:D

I can't watch the video right now, do they finally have tire smoke and tire marks?

Ever since forza came out its been way better and much more realistic, GT4 cars drive like you're playing NFS compared to forza. Can't comment on the new game.

Ever since forza came out its been way better and much more realistic, GT4 cars drive like you're playing NFS compared to forza. Can't comment on the new game.

Thanks for your input, it was both insightful and relevant:rolleyes:

Looks very good. But definitely not mind-blowing when compared to Forza 2. They look pretty well matched up against eachother in my eyes.

Hm, think you're the first person to mention GT4, so maybe you're in the wrong place? Did you take a wrong turn somewhere? Would you like directions?

I'm deeply resentful that I will have to eventually buy a PS3 for this game. I don't at all approve of Sony or their business tactics or the way they treat consumers, but damned if they don't have Polyphony Digital in one hell of an exclusivity contract.

Thanks for your input, it was both insightful and relevant:rolleyes:

It's highly relevant actually, given past titles, unless seriously improved upon GT5 won't be the most realistic racing sim on console. Can we expect car damage and the changing of car physics when crashed?

Forzealots... just like always.

*edit* Gran Turismo was never a simulation and never is going to be a simulation. It's always been a blend of arcade and simulation aspects. It's not going to appeal to everyone, as might be expected.

Umm its called the "The Real Driving Simulator"

Anyways Forza 2 is a good game, but they didn't add many new features compared to the first one and the graphics are just okay.

GT5 looks to have very good graphics, but I never liked the AI in GT. In GT4 if you park your car in the opponents line when they come around they will just try to drive right through you as if you weren't there.

GT has always been toted as a simulator. I always liked it, I had GT1-4. Then I played Forza on my friends Xbox, and it was much more realistic.

Game looks good. From playing the PS3 demo, I'd say the physics have improved quite a bit, or at last they expanded on them. You can finally do proper burn outs, spins outs, 360s', driting etc all of which were very limited and crippled in GT4 / GT3.

BTW I like Forza a lot, but Forza can be such a pain in the a** once you get past the ferrari 360/355 cars and start getting some of the S class cars, that's when I put it down. Yes, maybe too realistic? Or just a pain in the a**, dunno. I never had a wheel for the xbox so that might be why I sucked at it.

Looks very good. But definitely not mind-blowing when compared to Forza 2. They look pretty well matched up against eachother in my eyes.
Yeah, I noticed that also....GT5 got the simulated "sunlight" better but other than that not much difference to Forza 2 as far as car modeling.

Not impressed.

As for Forza 2 getting hard after the S class cars - turn off all the assists, and practice. My fav car right now is the Saleen S7 :)

Not impressed.

As for Forza 2 getting hard after the S class cars - turn off all the assists, and practice. My fav car right now is the Saleen S7 :)

This is actually the key to dominating forza, once you can play manual with all assists off you pretty much rock. It's sometimes hard without ABS. But once you got it, you got it.

It certainly looks good, but previous GT game have always lacked in other areas, and let plenty to be desired, for me. Hopefully they'll be addressing some of those issues. Right now though I think if I get an upcoming racing game, that's not out yet, it'll end up being PGR4 or maybe the latest Sega Rally. I'll admit I'm not a huge racing game fan, so my purchases are usually few and far between.

People that are saying that GT5 car models look comparable to Forza2 are either HARDCORE Xbox fanboys or are just plain blind... If you took the time to look at the 720p trailer on that Japanese site, you can clearly see that GT5 graphics blow Froza out of the water - bar none.

this looks much better than forza2 and some shots are just unreal.

ppf51.jpg

auditt3m0dus.jpg

GT-E3-2.jpg

GT-E3-3.jpg

GT-E3-6.jpg

GT-E3-9.jpg

4t7hz78.gif

re.gif

I love Forza 2 and have been playing it a lot with the Logitech DriveFX wheel, but GT5 blows it out the water in the visuals department. Those who are saying Forza 2 and GT5 are comparable graphically are very, very wrong. Even before GT5 was shown, Forza 2 was a bit weak in the graphics department.

Things are looking up for the PS3.

I remember Kazunori Yamauchi (GT creator) saying something about the next big step for GT5 was damage modeling. He said something about just race cars? But either way, stop complaining about damage modeling, just don't crash :D . Took me forever not to crash in GTR so i'm not seeing the damage modeling in that game that often. Some damage is good, but until i see 60 mph crashes that total cars instead of having a panel falling off. I'll take a pass on the damage until its ready for next-next-next gen consoles, or whenever we can handle that many calculations. What the GT series really needs to improve is the AI of the other drivers on the track. I can't really criticize GT4 since they were working on pretty old hardware, but if they get it wrong this time around then shame on Polyphony.

Looks amazing. This title is certainly one of the most anticipated 2008 PS3 titles. I don't believe the GT series ever attempted to be the most "realistic" racing game. Games like GTR2 have their place, but they don't have the same mass appeal.

What's the eta on GT5 ? 4th quarter 2008 ?

They are saying Spring 08, knowing how GT was in the past, Spring 09 sounds more reasonable. Heres to hoping that GT5 comes out in spring 08, ill even take somewhere in between spring 08 and spring 09.

The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is coming out in October in Japan... if that means anything...

im sure that graphics wont be as impressive as they are on those pictures. period. they always show more detailed, better looking (probably photoshoped) pictures than the game really is in the end, but still, it looks impressive.
as for the video, i would say its not in-game graphic, but its "filmed".
i have thoughts about buying ps3 for this game, depends on how good this game will be.

did gt4 (or previous chapters) have rain, living repairing staff, crashes (car damage),.. ?

maybe irrelevant what im about to say, but forza 2 is pretty good, but they havent implented some things that should be in. like actual living staff, rain, inside view..

im sure that graphics wont be as impressive as they are on those pictures. period. they always show more detailed, better looking (probably photoshoped) pictures than the game really is in the end, but still, it looks impressive.
as for the video, i would say its not in-game graphic, but its "filmed".
i have thoughts about buying ps3 for this game, depends on how good this game will be.

did gt4 (or previous chapters) have rain, living repairing staff, crashes (car damage),.. ?

maybe irrelevant what im about to say, but forza 2 is pretty good, but they havent implented some things that should be in. like actual living staff, rain, inside view..

Wow, you clearly have not played the GT:HD demo lol. I have played the GT:HD demo on my 46’’ 1080p HDTV and I would have to say those pictures are definitely do-able. You sir, are wrong. :p

Not much.. took about a year and a half to release GT4 after GT4 Prologue came out.. lol.

Don't say that...I bought a PSP 2 years ago thinking that Gran Turismo Mobile would come out soon. Maybe by the time GT5 comes out, the PS3 will have come down in price a couple hundred dollars.

Yeah, I noticed that also....GT5 got the simulated "sunlight" better but other than that not much difference to Forza 2 as far as car modeling.

The car models in forza 2 are actually pretty average. Even compared to DiRT. GT5s models alone look far superior to forza2s from what ive seen so far. Im looking to PGR4 to have the car models to compete with GT5s amazing looks.

Wow, you clearly have not played the GT:HD demo lol. I have played the GT:HD demo on my 46’’ 1080p HDTV and I would have to say those pictures are definitely do-able. You sir, are wrong. :p
i stand corrected then. no i havent played it, i dont own a ps3.

The car models in forza 2 are actually pretty average. Even compared to DiRT. GT5s models alone look far superior to forza2s from what ive seen so far. Im looking to PGR4 to have the car models to compete with GT5s amazing looks.

Agreed. I like Forza 2 (don't own my own copy yet though), but the graphics are not up to what we're seeing in the current videos of GT5. Turn 10 definitely didn't push the envolope graphically. Fortunately I think they more then make up for it with the insane amount of car customization in the game, and the overall experience itself.

PGR4 will be a much better looking Xbox 360 racing game, compared to Forza 2. There's no comparison. Throw in the weather effects and it blows away Forza 2, graphically.

GT5 looks damn impressive though. I look forward to seeing more, when it comes out.

the replay videos of races most certainly can look that good. they always looked better than the actual racing. but to me if i can watch a replay in that quality it might just push me tword buying a PS3 ive always loved the GT series

It's highly relevant actually, given past titles, unless seriously improved upon GT5 won't be the most realistic racing sim on console. Can we expect car damage and the changing of car physics when crashed?

read an article in Car and Driver and the head of Polophony said there is no car damage.

Back