New goodies!

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
UPS just came by, delivered most of my PPCs order. Bitspower block for my Zotac is on backorder and they're the only place the sells the damn thing. My Tt x71 arrives tomorrow.

Some Koolance QDC, EK compression fittings. 20" green cathodes, and an EK XE 360mm radiator. This radiator is freaking massive. And it's quite heavy.

So, question remains- since I have the QDCs, should I go ahead and rinse this bad boy out, and see what kind of temp drops Ill have on the cpu?

Attachments

• 20160602_155735.jpg
    20160602_155735.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20160602_160232.jpg
    20160602_160232.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 18
  • 20160602_160247.jpg
    20160602_160247.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 17
Posted pic from the Note5.

Installed and bled for shits and giggles until the x71 gets here tomorrow. Just installed the two Varders that I had. I fucking forgot to order a few more PWM fan splitters :( I have these low voltage things I got from the Riings, so I'll try those out hooked straight to molex and see how it goes. I'm gonna push/pull on the 360 mounted at the bottom. Haven't decided on the 240 yet. I know in the interim that I'm going to have to use just push mounted on the front because I don't have the splitters. I'm sure that I'll end up going push/pull because why not. I have enough fans to do it, just don't have enough splitters.

It's been idling on the desktop now since 1630 eastern. I leave pump on 100% (PWM D5) always. I Prefilled the radiator before hooking it into the loop to minimize bleeding. Right now, temps are looking pretty good. With just the 240, desktop idle was ~23º on the cores, and 30º on the package. Now, 19º on the cores, and 24º on the package. Res water temp from a Fluke 52II is reading 26.5º. However, I know that needs to be re-calibrated. I put the probe under my tongue as you would take your temp and it was reading 101.5ºF. Had my wife do the same just in case I had a temp while healing from surgery and guzzling pain killers, and hers read 101F.

Gonna play some Diablo 3 now. When playing, I normally see temps in the 55ºC range after about an hour. So, this loop has had plenty of time to warm up to operating temps. I'll post back here in a bit.

Nice picture you share OP. Looks very good. lol

Lol yeah. My x71 will be here tomorrow. Ill be sure to post some pics with it all together. The thing I'm most excited for is my Bitspower gpu block. I'm hoping I can squeeze out 1500 on core with it. Doubtful, but I do have some hope :)

Great choice on the x71. Considered it myself. As big as that rad is, it should have no problem hiding in there.

Great choice on the x71. Considered it myself. As big as that rad is, it should have no problem hiding in there.

Thanks! I wasn't gonna spend the money on the 900D, even though I love their cases.
It fits in the front, top, and bottom. I haven't decided if I want to put it in the front or the bottom. I'm going to push/pull on it, so I'll have to see how it looks and fits tomorrow.

Loving my EK stuff.. my video card idles 28C and loads no higher than 45C.. my CPU on the other hand I am about to delid and run naked. It's always been a hot one.

Loving my EK stuff.. my video card idles 28C and loads no higher than 45C.. my CPU on the other hand I am about to delid and run naked. It's always been a hot one.

Looks great!
I thought about running naked, but according to the multiple (hundreds of posts) about running naked, the most you gain is another 1-2° drop. To me, that isnt worth the risk.
However, when I took the top off my 6600k, I dropped 15-18°C, and that was only using Gelid, not CLU.

I fucking hated building in this x71. It's wobbly and flimsy, very flimsy. I also have multiple lacerations on my fingers and top of hand. I will never buy another Tt case again.

Just finished overnight leak test. I wish the bitspower block was here already. Oh well. I put QDC fitting in where I wanted to insert yhe video card. Still have to get some more green fans and some lighting. The 20" cathodes I bought don't dit, even though they overall dimensions listed state that they should fit in the case. Also need a 3way fan splitter.

Looks great!
I thought about running naked, but according to the multiple (hundreds of posts) about running naked, the most you gain is another 1-2° drop. To me, that isnt worth the risk.
However, when I took the top off my 6600k, I dropped 15-18°C, and that was only using Gelid, not CLU.

I fucking hated building in this x71. It's wobbly and flimsy, very flimsy. I also have multiple lacerations on my fingers and top of hand. I will never buy another Tt case again.

Just finished overnight leak test. I wish the bitspower block was here already. Oh well. I put QDC fitting in where I wanted to insert yhe video card. Still have to get some more green fans and some lighting. The 20" cathodes I bought don't dit, even though they overall dimensions listed state that they should fit in the case. Also need a 3way fan splitter.

There are some other advantages but on your chip they run so much cooler to start with than my 4790K. I did my buddies 6700K with a Corsair H105 @ 4.6ghz it run's extremely cool.

Lol yeah. My x71 will be here tomorrow. Ill be sure to post some pics with it all together. The thing I'm most excited for is my Bitspower gpu block. I'm hoping I can squeeze out 1500 on core with it. Doubtful, but I do have some hope :)
Sure! Will wait for another reply.

Back