New Gaming System. Need Feedback.

ojax

Gawd
Well, after almost 2 years since I've last purchased any hardware, I've decided to order the parts so I can build a decent new gaming machine.

What I currently use :

Heavily Modded Enlight case (beige),2500 barton, 2x256 OCz 3200 ram, 160gig HD, ATI 9800 pro 128, Asus A7N8X-E deluxe mb, onboard sound, crusty old altec lansing 2 speaker w/ sub, and an OLD ASS Dell 17in monitor that hasn't died yet, even after all that abuse.. Damn good monitor!

My new system will be :

Antec Super Lanboy Case
AMD 64 3700 w/ Zalman CNPS7700-CU
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
OCz Gold EL pc3200 2x512
eVGA 7800 GTX 256
Maxtor Diamondmax 250g SATA
Samsung 915N 19in LCD Monitor
Enermax 535w all in one PS
Audigy 2 ZS
Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers

Now Im not asking for you to suggest alternate hardware for what I have listed, since I've already ordered... What Im asking is generally with these typical hardware selections ( disregarding brand ) what kind of performance could I expect from a system similar or equal to this? Anything from benchmarks to things like, what I will totally grin and shake over when I finally start playing games on this system VS my old system...

I also plan to OC cpu and videocard, although Im not entirely sure to what degree or clock... but if there is a typical OC for this chip and card, I will be aiming for that heh.

I can imagine that a 19in LCD will be the real big change I will notice right away... Perhaps turning up settings without worrying about FPS would be the next thing? :D

Thanks for all the help and feedback.

Looks excellent to me. It should perform really well in all the new games that're coming out/have come out. I don't know about *max* settings in some, but you should be able to hit medium fine. The only thing that might slow you down is the 1 gig of RAM. 2 would be much more ideal..but considering you ordered it already, oh well. OCZ is fast stuff.

thanks for the input. I have 2x512 value ram sticks sitting doing nothing, so I can put those in... but they might not handle the overclock as well, or at all... So yah I can have 2gigs if I wanted..

Also, the monitor doesn't have DVI input.. does that really matter or effect it visually?

use em...me thinks better to have more ram than higher OC.

Back