Votes: 11 14.3%
  • RC

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Obi_Kwiet

2[H]4U
I want to get a new game, what should I get? I'm deciding between Far Cry, Dawn of War, Republic Commando, and War Craft III. I just want a good SP. Suggestions?

I voted other, you should get Half-Life 2. If you already have it, I say go for FarCry.

I would suggest Farcry. Great Singleplayer experience and has an expansion in the woodwork. I own Dawn of War and I already have it shelved. It grows old very quickly. I never played the others. If you want my Dawn of War game let me know.

I have UT 2004 and HL2. I think I'll get far cry. I do only have a 9800 pro though. It kinda hurts when running at 1680 x 1050.

Obi_Kwiet said:
I have UT 2004 and HL2. I think I'll get far cry. I do only have a 9800 pro though. It kinda hurts when running at 1680 x 1050.

Good luck getting far cry to run at that resolution on a 9800pro(smoothly that is) :D :p

But yes I did vote for Far Cry, it will keep you going until some of the new stuff comes out this year.

Far cry is a great single player experience but so is republic commando. Only problem with it is it a lot shorter and I found it much easier. Warcraft 3 has a great story and is a lot of fun to play. I found Area 51 to be a fun romp as well but way to short. hmmmm, so to summarize my ramblings get far cry and grab the others if you see them in the bargain bin.

republic commando is a fun game. i like it a lot, the only dissapointing thing about it is the lack of a co-op mode.

far cry was great, although i know what ya mean about running it at that res... maybe painkiller would be less stressful (probably not by much tho)...

If you're looking for a great singleplayer experience, look for No One Lives Forever in the bargain bin. Excellent, excellent game!

NOLF 1 & 2 own.

if you've never played them, you owe it to yourself to give them a go. they're cheap, and you can turn the rez up to 10 billion by 5 trillion and still get silky framerates.

I've been playing Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne alot online lately. Despite the fact that its still packed with retards, I still have lots of fun sending my orcs into battle, except when my retard team mates don't upgrade their weapons and armor later in the game and its virtually like shooting rubber bands at the enemy :rolleyes:

And if you get the Battle Chest with both, the single player campaigns will last you awhile, and the Frozen Throne can get real tough at times...

I got Far Cry to run at 1680*1050, medium everything, on a Radeon 9600, 1GB RAM, 3GHz P4. It wasn't horribly slow, but you may have to drop some AA/AF/higher details.

Same here. Is the render mode the thing that ups the polies on models, because it's locked in the demo. With textures on very high, some other things on high, and the rest on medium, I get about 30-50 FPS @ 1680x1050.

I would say warcraft III, i have all of those other games and Warcraft III seems to be the only one i still play.

Obi_Kwiet said:

Far Cry may not be a good choice. You'll find yourself wanting to ugprade very quickly off of that.

Republic Commando really suprised me on how fun it is. The pacing is excellent, with just the right amount of action and resting. Difficult at times, but not something that will take you forever and cheat codes to beat. The squad control, humor, and gameplay really make it a must play.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
Republic Commando really suprised me on how fun it is. The pacing is excellent, with just the right amount of action and resting. Difficult at times, but not something that will take you forever and cheat codes to beat. The squad control, humor, and gameplay really make it a must play.
man i couldnt stand that game!! but it did get alot or great reviews.

Back