new game announced from gearbox!

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
http://www.brothersinarmsgame.com
Created by Texas-based Gearbox Software, Brothers in Arms is the most realistic and authentic WWII shooter ever. While other WWII games have sugarcoated the war experience, Brothers in Arms is based on a true story and will immerse gamers into the gritty, uncensored and emotionally-charged side of war. The game puts you in the shoes of Sgt. Matt Baker, a D-Day paratrooper squad leader, and asks you to lead the squad as you balance their lives with the success of the mission. The true stories and historical events you experience on your perilous journey take you through real battlefields meticulously recreated from aerial reconnaissance images, US Army Signal Corps photos and eye-witness accounts of war-torn Normandy. Players of all skill levels can battle their way through this intense experience because of Brothers in Arms innovative and accessible command and control system

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

...now thats what im talkin bout. :D :cool: :D

The character you'll be playing:

- From the journal of Sgt. Matt Baker,
3d Squad, 3d Platoon, Fox Company, 502d PIR,
101st Airborne

It's under D-4.

So it's not Easy Company.

meh...im sure it'll be a kick ass game but the first shot is in game but doesnt really show too much...the second shot isnt in game (or at least doesnt appear to be) so it really doesnt show too much...

plants kinda look like far cry is rubbing off on designers...

Originally posted by Steve_010
...the second shot isnt in game (or at least doesnt appear to be)

it is.
notice the AA/AF in shot thats missed on the phone/electricty lines

im sure if it wasnt a inagme shot or prerendered, it would be perfectly smooth all over.

Gearbox is having their birthday party this Saturday (invitation only). I'll be going and taking along my camera. I'm fairly confident that they'll be showing parts of the game. I'll be sure to write a follow-up on what happened.

As much as we "need" another wwII game, this looks pretty damn cool so far. Can't wait to see how much further it progresses. Didn't gearbox make Opposing Force exp for HL? What else have they made?

they did the Halo port to PC, they were the original developers of CS:CZ, they made 007: Nightfire

^ Not a good record. eh?

The game looks like Call of Duty meets Far Cry. I'll wait to see if this think even gets the Far Cry FPS on my computer... probably not after Halo.

And they probably stole the bathrooms from Doom3, too. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rurik
And they probably stole the bathrooms from Doom3, too. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they ripped off something called a "toilet" and stuck it in something called a "stall" with things on the wall called "tiles"

Bad FarCry! How dare you steal these devices from Doom3!

All these developers are making things called "leaves" and "grass". What a ripoff, FarCry had them first! Lawsuit time!

Originally posted by QHalo
What else have they made?
Many of the developers there originally came from 3DRealms and worked on Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, etc.

Originally posted by nullvector
Yeah, they ripped off something called a "toilet" and stuck it in something called a "stall" with things on the wall called "tiles"

Bad FarCry! How dare you steal these devices from Doom3!

All these developers are making things called "leaves" and "grass". What a ripoff, FarCry had them first! Lawsuit time!

Duke Nukem 3D had toilets and stalls... and tiles.... and hookers...

Originally posted by versello
Duke Nukem 3D had toilets and stalls... and tiles.... and hookers...
And you gained health by using said stalls. Now that's realism!

looks good, but i never been a fan of anything by gearbox. The question i ask though ...

Do we really need another WWII game? A new time period would be very refreshing I think.

Schweet. I'm taking a early look at it Saturday night. Provided Randy doesn't seal my lips with an NDA, what things do you want to know about the game? I'll be asking questions about design and the obvious "what separates this from the other WWII games on the market". Any others?

Originally posted by DiscoStu
looks good, but i never been a fan of anything by gearbox. The question i ask though ...

Do we really need another WWII game? A new time period would be very refreshing I think.

Until we get a good first person WW2 game, yeah we do need more. MoH and CoD are cheesy fun but they're the gaming equivilant of a big budget Holleywood summer blockbuster. They're short on substance, that is they lack compelling scenarios and characters and call me crazy, but I'd like some down time in my WW2 games to complement and heighten the action sequences. Not to mention all the damn covert ops, one man against an army, levels in both MoH and CoD that just kill the WW2 flavor for me.

When I finished CoD I sat back and thought, gee that was nice, but I wish someone would make the WW2 equivilant of Operation Flashpoint. That's what this game looks like and so I'm very excited.

Finally! a WWII game where the enviroment looks actually OPEN (whoa, like real WWII).

All other WWII games had "lv's" and you would always be confined to the set path.

This one looks like one of the first WWII games to be trying something that say captures things like band of brothers/saving private ryan.

I hope they do the story like operation flashpoint where there isn't really lv's to it, but a good continuation of a story that keeps you immersed, but with more character development for your mates.

Somehow I think they were developing this game before they saw screenshots of Far Cry.. Just a hunch.

Originally posted by E-virus
Somehow I think they were developing this game before they saw screenshots of Far Cry.. Just a hunch.
ok everybody can stop busting on me for my observation...what I meant was that the trees and such look more realistic (as far cry was the first game in this "next generation" of games to do so)...

that is the most detailed M1A1 Carbine i have seen yet:eek: , why use a carbine when you can use a Garand though:p(thats how it is in CoD anyways)

looks nice! probably gonna be worth my 50 bucks!

lol... you are right though Steve. It is so cool to see the detail in the next generation of games. I love watching the Stalker movies too.

Originally posted by DiscoStu

I wouldnt say we need one, but theyre still hella fun to play. Although weve got a new time period comin already, started with Vietcong and now weve got about 5 or 6 vietnam games on the way, all lookin rather good. The shots for this game got me pretty excited, looks like the guys at infinity ward and the bar they set for historical WWII shooters has finnally got some other competition:) .

Originally posted by Shorty
^ Not a good record. eh?

The game looks like Call of Duty meets Far Cry. I'll wait to see if this think even gets the Far Cry FPS on my computer... probably not after Halo.

eh thats not too bad of a record, halo was a shitty game i thought that as far as ports go it wasnt too bad, they only started developing cs:cz and it started pretty ambitiously. nightfire did suck though. op for was totally sweet i though.

It's about time we got another WWII game. It's almost been three minutes since the last one was announced.

Originally posted by Merlin45
they did the Halo port to PC, they were the original developers of CS:CZ, they made 007: Nightfire

Stee-rike 1, Stee-rike 2, Stee-rike 3

-Ace-

Originally posted by Torgo
Gearbox is having their birthday party this Saturday (invitation only). I'll be going and taking along my camera. I'm fairly confident that they'll be showing parts of the game. I'll be sure to write a follow-up on what happened.
Where exactly in Texas are they located? Gotta love Texas with all our gameing companies and animation studios (or maybe thats just here in Austin).

Back