New GA board - GPU/PCIe Compatibility Issue?

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Recently build a new system on a GA B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4. GPU is a 1070 Ti. My previous board was an Asus Z170-A. GPU did not have any issues on that board.

I noticed 2 odd issues that I think may be PCIe and or UEFI related.

1) System will not shut off monitor after scheduled time in Windows. This was fine on last motherboard with this card.
2) Sometimes there will be no video output until Windows hits desktop. Again, didn't happen on last board.

Any thoughts?

My first thoughts are to check to make sure BIOS is up to date, and try setting PCIe to 3.0 for your GPU lanes if it's defaulted in the BIOS to 4.0

Didn't help setting CPU PCIe lanes to 3.0. Yes, card is installed in the top slot.

Sorry to hear that. I know of a few problems that can be resolved that way. The only other thing I could think of is updating the GPU drivers if they aren't already. Otherwise, I will defer to the folks here who know more than I do.

This suddenly started working last night out of no where. I have had the monitor power save on 1 minute for the past week and while I turned away from my PC for a moment to work on something else (had done so many times before this yesterday) the monitor turned off and kept working (turning off after 1 minute) from that point forward. Like, even a few minutes before that when I wasn't doing anything it didn't turn off. The only thing that I'm aware of that changed is that a new Windows Defender definition had been downloaded because I checked Windows Update. History does not show anything else being updated. I think it's just a coincidence.

This suddenly started working last night out of no where. I have had the monitor power save on 1 minute for the past week and while I turned away from my PC for a moment to work on something else (had done so many times before this yesterday) the monitor turned off and kept working (turning off after 1 minute) from that point forward. Like, even a few minutes before that when I wasn't doing anything it didn't turn off. The only thing that I'm aware of that changed is that a new Windows Defender definition had been downloaded because I checked Windows Update. History does not show anything else being updated. I think it's just a coincidence.
Wow, that is strange indeed. Anyway glad it's working for you. Cheers!

Back