New G903

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up a Logitech G903 last night when my beloved G700 decided left click wasn't important to me anymore. I've only had it a short time, but it's definitely my new favorite mouse. You have the option of having the "forward/backward" thumb buttons on either side of the mouse OR you can pop them into both sides. I decided to try the both sides config and used it during some Wildlands game play and I've decided I like it. I have them unmapped during regular use, but during gaming I think it's a nice way to add some extra buttons.

Responsiveness is amazing for a wireless mouse. I always switched my G700 to wired for gaming, with this thing, I honestly can't tell a difference. The receiver is about 2-8 inches from the mouse since it's plugged into the side of my keyboard. I absolutely love this thing and I already went ahead and preordered the induction pad. The battery in this thing is pretty good (at least it is right now anyway) but I like the idea of ditching the cord entirely.

Thinking of trying one of these myself.
Something lighter than my G502..

The mat alone costs more than I'd ever pay for a mouse.

>US$250 to replace the functionality of one wired mouse...

I get that some people find the wire annoying, and if so changing the batteries occasionally might be annoying, but the difference here is quite a bit for that small convenience.

And this one doesn't even take batteries- if it's dead, you gotta plug it in :D.

[I wouldn't mind the hardware with a wire attached as a G50x, and I definitely see the usefulness for cutting cords with mobile systems, but on the desktop? I could think of better things to do with an extra $200...]

>US$250 to replace the functionality of one wired mouse...

I get that some people find the wire annoying, and if so changing the batteries occasionally might be annoying, but the difference here is quite a bit for that small convenience.

And this one doesn't even take batteries- if it's dead, you gotta plug it in :D.

[I wouldn't mind the hardware with a wire attached as a G50x, and I definitely see the usefulness for cutting cords with mobile systems, but on the desktop? I could think of better things to do with an extra $200...]

It's definitely a high end luxury item, but it's a real market.

I'll probably get one eventually, but I would prefer a slightly bigger mouse pad.
It would be a downgade in size for me, and the G903 weighs slightly more with the adapter inserted compared to the plain G900.

If I didn't already have the G900 I would buy it now

Pretty much, the 903 has a spot on the bottom for the wireless power core and ends up weighing slightly more with that inside. It's still very light.

Is there another wireless charging option other that that special mousepad? I have a larger pad and wouldn't want to downgrade.

I'll get this when prices drop a bit (another Logitech 50% off sale would be awesome!).

I'm currently rocking the G900 and I LOVE it. But it would be nice not to have to connect the charging cable. It's not that big of a pain but wireless charging would make the mouse that much better.

Me too, I already have the g900, and love it. I would consider it if I didn't have to use their special mouse pad.

I just called Logitech about my broken 4 year old G700s and they replaced it with a free G703. Looks like I'm preordering the wireless pad too!

Back