New folding rig

Ducrider748

Limp Gawd
I started a new folding rig today. It's a RAMPAGE IV EXTREME and 3960x 4 pci-e slots that can run at x8. Got a half working 2070 super in it right now. I'm thiunking this one wil be filled with 3080's or 3080ti's. Time to start looking at power supplies and a new case.

Yeah the cases that support 8x expansion slots are pretty limited. Something like a corsair D1000 would work good for that built and even give you enough rad space if you wanted to go full wc. Will need a massive psu for that cpu and 4x 3080ti. Even 1600w seems enemic tbh.

Nice!
Open case is in your future, I think. Maybe a 6 GPU folding rig? Or maybe a 4U rack style? I can't imagine a case that can do 4x SLI with decent airflow and decent space for cooling the GPU's. Even at 70%.

I have a V Extreme using 4 3070Ti's and a 20c Xeon v4. It's on a mining rig so it gets plenty of air. Lots of space between the GPU's and external fans positioned just right.

They make great space heaters this time of year, too.

Yeah the cases that support 8x expansion slots are pretty limited. Something like a corsair D1000 would work good for that built and even give you enough rad space if you wanted to go full wc. Will need a massive psu for that cpu and 4x 3080ti. Even 1600w seems enemic tbh.

Nice!
Open case is in your future, I think. Maybe a 6 GPU folding rig? Or maybe a 4U rack style? I can't imagine a case that can do 4x SLI with decent airflow and decent space for cooling the GPU's. Even at 70%.

I have a V Extreme using 4 3070Ti's and a 20c Xeon v4. It's on a mining rig so it gets plenty of air. Lots of space between the GPU's and external fans positioned just right.

They make great space heaters this time of year, too.
My 2080ti folding rig has 4 of them in it. It's a Corsair 7000d. 350mm,480mm x2 and a 420mm. Dual loop system cpu on the 360mm.Temps stay good. I will try a 1600w to start with and see how it goes. I may have to add a 2nd psu for this project.

Back