New folder

Bodega

Gawd
Just started folding for the [H]orde, so far ive got my 3.2 goin most of the time, a 2.8 and 350mhz dedicated, a 933 pretty much dedicated. Soon i also hope to put up a 3.0 and a dual 1.0 (all intel cpus btw). People bring me broken/semi-broken PCs to fix and sometimes keep, ill see what else I can do :)

Welcome to the [H]orde.

Glad to have you with us. :)

Welcome aboard.

Fold On!
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif

Bodega said:
Just started folding for the [H]orde, so far ive got my 3.2 goin most of the time, a 2.8 and 350mhz dedicated, a 933 pretty much dedicated. Soon i also hope to put up a 3.0 and a dual 1.0 (all intel cpus btw). People bring me broken/semi-broken PCs to fix and sometimes keep, ill see what else I can do :)
Excellent... that's how it all starts. Soon you'll have a whole crop to tend. It'll keep growing and growing.... as long as the electric bill isn't too ugly.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Bodega, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Have fun, make points and always, always remember. This is very addictive and, no matter what goes wrong it’s relic’s fault. You will learn :D

Fold on

BillR

BillR said:
Welcome aboard Bodega, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Have fun, make points and always, always remember. This is very addictive and, no matter what goes wrong it’s relic’s fault. You will learn :D

Fold on

BillR
I'll keep that in mind ;)

I'm having some pretty major issues with the other 2 systems that I'm tryin to get folding so it might be a while until I really get rollin, just below 300 points so far

Just farmed my mom's rig(pathetic, but I built it) for the cause. You folks got the best rigs in the world, fold on dudes/dudettes. I'm goin for the underdog here, and folding with 5 rigs for MaximumPC(obviously a subscriber), sitll no match for even one of you're monster rigs, yet. Anxiously awaiting my IC7-Max3,theXMS4400, and the 4 raptors to push it. Still no match for the rigs you folks got, but who cares really. Let's cure some diseases, and have fun at the same time.Don't worry about my main Rig, gonna do Divx encodes half the time anyways.

been goin for a buncha days now... at about 1.5k :) adding 2ghz tomorrow and hopefully 5 more next week

If you accidentally spend too much money doing this or if you get into trouble with SWMBO, blame relic. That will solve everything. :D

Medieval said:
If you accidentally spend too much money doing this

Yeah, I seem to have a habit of justifying upgrades, new computers, etc. using folding. Its a great excuse!! :D

yeah.. fedex finally (at 6:30!!) delivered the cpu and mobo for another system that is gonna be folding 24/7 in about.... an hour :D

nice!!! see if u can catch up to me... (i know u will, but ima try hard to not let u =P )

im rank 2578 right now, keep us updated to where u stand. nothing more to say cept FOLD ON :cool:

damnit! lol oh well, u passed me so fast i must not have seen it :p now since the tables have turned, WATCH UR BACK ;)

edit: i just checked, u started before me, no fair! keep it up though,or i WILL pass u :eek:

Any idea why F@H always says "Attempting to get work packet" every day when I get home from work? It's finishing one and not getting the next one. Obviously I have the ask for permission off. Use IE connection settings is checked. Any ideas?

Reboot gets immediate connect and work

when you run the config theres an option thats something like 'ask before getting work' make sure it says no

Leadman584 said:
Any idea why F@H always says "Attempting to get work packet" every day when I get home from work? It's finishing one and not getting the next one. Obviously I have the ask for permission off. Use IE connection settings is checked. Any ideas?

Reboot gets immediate connect and work

Do you have to access the internet through a proxy or something? Using dial up?

If no to both of those try changing the config from "Use IE settings" to "Do not use IE settings".

Cable Modem via router. LAN connect using Ethernet card. Blown a couple of these cards in 4 years, storms and the like. Better than a toasted MoBo.

hmmm i'm away for the weekend and ive noticed that i havent completed any WU's in the last 24 hrs... they're all on 2 hr UPS's :confused:

Well there has been quite a bunch of the big tinkers being distributed towards the end of this week. My 1.1 celery is still chewing on one. You may just have a bunch of those. My celery takes 13:30 per frame. I'm 25% done and there's still 67.5 hours to go. Wait and see.

Fold On!

If your running AMD's then these big Tinkers are what you want.
At 2 Ghz on p838 I can do a frame in 5:07.
34 hours for 239 points.
3.5 points per hour per Ghz.
Gromacs run around 2 points per hour per Ghz.
So if I can get all Tinkers I get around 2K per day. :D
If I get all Gromacs I only get 1.2K per day. :)
This is due to how Stanford benches all protiens on an Intel system but AMD's crunch Tinker faster than Intel's.
With an Intel I think that the DGromacs are the ones to get but dont have any here.

Luck....... :D

Don't care much for these big tinkers, got one on both rigs (P4's), dirt slow 8.5 minutes a step. No SSE2 boost either.

Back