Hey guys.
I jsut started folding for the Horde about 2 weeks ago. I've installed the client on the following comps thus far:
Dual 1ghz Power Mac G4 (1.5gb ram) (24X7)
AMD 64 3500+ (1gb ram) (...most of the time)
I also borged my cousin's computer (Dell P4 2.2ghz).
Now, my question is this. If I went on the sly, and borged a few of the campus machines, would it actually be worth anything? In the library, for example, the rigs are P4 2.6 ghz machines, that just sit at the Windows Login screen. (The one where you have to hit ctrl-alt-del to bring up a password prompt). Now, if I installed a client on these, would it stay running in the background even though it's at the login screen, or would it just kick into folding when someone logged on?
Thanks
-Ghent (Jeeves350z for the [H]orde)
I jsut started folding for the Horde about 2 weeks ago. I've installed the client on the following comps thus far:
Dual 1ghz Power Mac G4 (1.5gb ram) (24X7)
AMD 64 3500+ (1gb ram) (...most of the time)
I also borged my cousin's computer (Dell P4 2.2ghz).
Now, my question is this. If I went on the sly, and borged a few of the campus machines, would it actually be worth anything? In the library, for example, the rigs are P4 2.6 ghz machines, that just sit at the Windows Login screen. (The one where you have to hit ctrl-alt-del to bring up a password prompt). Now, if I installed a client on these, would it stay running in the background even though it's at the login screen, or would it just kick into folding when someone logged on?
Thanks
-Ghent (Jeeves350z for the [H]orde)

