• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Fan for SN41G2?

feint

n00b
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
13
My stock fan is dying in my SN41G2 and was wondering what a good replacement fan would be. thanks a lot!
 
80 to 120mm adapter and a 120mm fan on the outside..... :D :D :D After cutting the grill
 
This is what you've done? Links to the parts you used, if you don't mind?

What did this improve? Quieter? Cooler?
 
or an 80 to 92mm fan adapter would work. If you want to keep with the current size, do a push/pull configuration with a pair of SilenX 80mm fans, or, use a Panasonic Panaflo 80mm. What are your system specs for the Shuttle? CPU/Video/Current Temps/etc..

-E
 
SilenX fans are so much nicer than Panaflo's in terms of sound and ratio of sound:air. However, the price is going to hurt you.
 
i have a push pull configuration,

80mm coolermaster LED zip tied to ICE
120mm enermax external ,

very nice air cooled setup,
 
And this improved your noise/temps?

Me, I have a Barton 2500, SN41G2, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro AiW (loud as hell).

I wish the Zalman would fit on it, but it just doesn't.
 
I too am running a 2500+ in mine. I stuck a 2 wire panaflow in place of the stocker, and she's very quiet and i run stable at 2.2 ghz, with no heat woes.
 
What kind of memory do you have to get it to 2.2? So you're saying that your fan upgrade alone, allows you to run the machine faster?

Is the 2 wire panaflo quieter than the stock fan? I believe I changed my stock fan, but can't remember with what, it has been 16 months since I got my SN41G2.
 
No, I'm not saying that the fan alone let me run faster. I'm saying that the $4 80mm panaflo I bought is sufficient to let me overclock my cpu. My memory is pc2100 from crucial. I can't quite run it at the 200 mhz I run the processor at, but I can run it at about the 83% mark (since we have no voltage mod. in the bios). So, I run staggered. Would I get better performance with better memory? Sure. Do I have the money for it right now? No.

And the two wire/three wire thing. I messed up when I ordered. I didn't even bother to think that the fan in the case had 3 wires. I just stick the 2 wires on 2 of the 3 pins and she runs full speed (instead of that stupid varied fan rate) but yet its quite a bit quieter than the old fan was. If I had it to do over again, I certainly would have gotten the 3 wire fan...but oh well..doesn't matter.
 
I don't know...probably another panaflo. I'm pretty impressed with the little guy, and it was under $5 shipped...although i don't remember where I got it. I've never bought a 'quality' fan before, so i don't know too much about them.
 
You have a SN41G2, to verify, right?

Also, I haven't even really tried to overclock mine, so I think I should do that, first. :eek:
 
Back
Top