New fan for hyper 212

TeeDeeKay

n00b
Hi,

I think it's time to replace the oem fan on this cooler. From Noctua F12, Phanteks, Corsare,..ect...they are all around $20, I just want something quite cause I don't put much load on the CPU that often. Thanks

Hi,

I think it's time to replace the oem fan on this cooler. From Noctua F12, Phanteks, Corsare,..ect...they are all around $20, I just want something quite cause I don't put much load on the CPU that often. Thanks
Quite? Quite what? Quite loud? Quite quiet?

AAAAnyway, I rather like Noctua, even at full speed it's almost inaudible.

sp120s are loud! so skip those. noctua's are quite. I just picked up a cooler master blade master 120 and its comparable in cfm but much quieter than the stock one. the artic F12s would be good too.
stock fan is 82cfm/36db so anything close in cfm but under in db.

Another vote for Noctua F12. I bought mine a month or so after I got the Hyper 212 since the OEM one started making rattling noise. Seems to be very common with the Cooler Master fan that comes with the Hyper 212. Didn't want to RMA as chance it would start rattling later down the road was not worth it.

This video has same rattling on oem fan as mine:

I'm doing some reading around and people seem to like the Gentle Typhoon and the Noiseblocker as well. So many to choose from and that's a good thing. :)

Hi,

Noctua or Noise Blocker. If you plan to keep it long term pay for a dust proof fan like a Noctua Industrial iPPC fan. It's expensive. But it will last for many upgrades to come. Probably 2-3 CPU's

I would not put an expensive fan on such a low budget cooler. Putting a $20 fan on a cooler that can be had for $30 new isn't logical to me. ;) I would rather put another $15 or 20 with it and get a better cooler or go with a $8-12 fan.

There should be lots of good lower priced fans available to you. Arctic F12 PWM are usually a good low cost fan. Really depends on what is available to you. 212 is not a great cooler. There was a time it was a very good value low budget cooler, which is why it is so well known. But there are many better and lower priced coolers available now.

Can you supply us with a link or two to websites you buy from?

Back