New Fallout 3 DLC : Point Lookout

The problem is that the gameplay duration on both Fallout 1 & 2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer.

Add 50-100 pcs. of DLC content to Fallout3 and you are on par with the same amount of "story" as either Fallout or Fallout 2....but at what cost?

I don't agree with this. I spent 100+ hours playing Fallout 3 making sure I discovered every location to get the most out of the game, and that is not even including the DLC. I think for Fallout 3 the "story" is what you make it, you can do the main quest and beat the game early or you can role play and be the good guy or the bad guy or the treasure hunter or whichever you choose to be. For me it wasn't just being the escapee from the vault looking for his father.

I will agree that the main storyline in both Fallout 1 & 2 were more in depth.

I don't agree with this. I spent 100+ hours playing Fallout 3 making sure I discovered every location to get the most out of the game, and that is not even including the DLC. I think for Fallout 3 the "story" is what you make it, you can do the main quest and beat the game early or you can role play and be the good guy or the bad guy or the treasure hunter or whichever you choose to be. For me it wasn't just being the escapee from the vault looking for his father.

I will agree that the main storyline in both Fallout 1 & 2 were more in depth.

+100 hours wouldn't complete Fallout 1 or 2.

+100 hours wouldn't complete Fallout 1 or 2.

Really it all depends on how a person plays games. I have finished them but really couldn't tell you how long I spent, I think with these new Hi resolution patches I will go back through the first 2 again.

Back