New Extreme Build w/ WCing

Jager673

Limp Gawd
Motherboard: EVGA 790i Ultra SLI (Already have it)

GPU(s): x2 EVGA GX2 - Quad-SLI (Already have both)

Case: LIAN LI PC-P80 or the 77 - What do you think?

Memory: x2 Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 2000 - Worth it?

CPU: QX9770 - Worth it?

Water Cooling: ThermoChill PA120.3, D-Tek Fuzion v.2 water block, Laing DDC 3.2 w/ modded top, 15' of 7/16" ID tubing, x 3 Thermochill G3/8" BSP O-Ring Sealing 1/2" Fittings. I need help picking out a Resevoir then im ordering it all.

If you're overclocking, the QX9770 isn't worth the money. You're better off with either the Q6600/Q9300 or the Q9450.

Truthfully, DDR3 isn't currently worth the money, but since you have the board already.... (Can you return it?)

Dump the board and the DDR3 if at all possible. DDR2-1000/1066 and a EVGA 750i FTW will give the exact same performance in /everything/ for less than you intend to pay for the DDR3 alone or the 790i alone, nevermind the absolutely rediculous sum for both together.

QX chips will top out at pretty much the same place as their locked multiplier equivalents assuming your board is capable of high FSB speeds. Which... it should be.

I'd go with a Laing D5 Vario / Swiftech MCP655 over the DDC, even with a mod top. I own both (DDC 3.1 with Petra's Top and D5 Vario) and I /much/ prefer the D5. Quieter and pushes more water. Sure it's a little bigger, but I came from a Eheim 1048; it's all relative.

Dump the board and the DDR3 if at all possible. DDR2-1000/1066 and a EVGA 750i FTW will give the exact same performance in /everything/ for less than you intend to pay for the DDR3 alone or the 790i alone, nevermind the absolutely rediculous sum for both together.

QX chips will top out at pretty much the same place as their locked multiplier equivalents assuming your board is capable of high FSB speeds. Which... it should be.

I'd go with a Laing D5 Vario / Swiftech MCP655 over the DDC, even with a mod top. I own both (DDC 3.1 with Petra's Top and D5 Vario) and I /much/ prefer the D5. Quieter and pushes more water. Sure it's a little bigger, but I came from a Eheim 1048; it's all relative.

QFT.

Back